Ambulance services other than St John

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

canon
Banned

Re: Ambulance services other than St John

Post by canon »

auntys_eyes wrote:Took this quick snap the other day in West Perth. Not sure which operator it is. Crappy pic i know... taken in a hurry while stopped at a red light, dirty windscreen and all :roll: .

Thats an ALAS ambulance lol
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

I think thats one off the AMS trucks maybe, i know that one of the Advance Medical Service ambos i think the ones hostile1 uses was stopped for erratic driving up n down a local street with bells n whistles on after neighbour complaints.
RIP
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Saw another ambulance service today, they were at a bus stop on south street with their reds and blues flashing and a stretcher out and a bloke with no tshirt was on the ground sitting up, next to the stretcher.

It had a very boxy looking back, with limited markings aside from a circular sticker with a green crest on it and the words 'Ambulance Service' (or something similar). Does anyone know who these guys are? I havn't seen any pics of them on here yet.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

What was the location apart from South Street?
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

O'Connor, before Petterson Ave.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Hey toottoot check the pics section on warsug and tell me does it look like a First Intervention Ambo,

Is this the vehicle.

http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5226

From what you described it sounds like it

St Johns should be getting more event work soon some smarty pants at AMS think that they had the monolopy and doubled there prices now clubs are looking elsewhere for ambo/first aid.
RIP
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

No not that one. No livery except for the round sticker with the crest on it. All the lights were LEDS. Was smaller than the first intervention one, maybe a ford courier type cab and the box was not as large as the first intervention one. I tried to get a pic as when I was heading back the other way it was heading down the road towards Fremantle hospital.

I thought it may have been a defence or prisons ambulance but it had state plates.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Damm *scratches head*

Got no idea hey probarly another new player in the market
RIP
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

The patient had his hands behind his back as though he had handcuffs on and the ambulance was facing the oncoming traffic so had gone the wrong way down one side of south street. It was a bit bizarre.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Spotted what looked like a white vz ss commodore with solid yellow striping at the bottom down both sides across front and rear of car with "paramedic" on the doors in blue and a led lightbar on the roof driving through freo this morning.

two guys in it had no uniform just civvie clothes

Anyone seen it ?
RIP
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Nope but most vehicles I have seen with solid yellow striping have been in the mines.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Doubt a vehicle like this one mentioned would be for the mines...

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

I thoguht as much wouldnt last long on the unsealed gravel roads lol
RIP
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

I see Medicone is now run by another company more into prehospital educaiton though. Advertising for training staff on seek.
RIP
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

4353 wrote:I see Medicone is now run by another company more into prehospital educaiton though. Advertising for training staff on seek.
been with that mob for a while now, interesting the position they have advertised though. Wonder if you know who has left?
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.