Ambulance services other than St John

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Stew

Post by Stew »

Toottoot wrote:You are obviously a bit slow about it given its been up there for ages now.
I was busy with other patients, since he was the PT with the least chance of survival at the incident I left his assessment till last and took care of other PT's with a higher chance of survivial :lol:

Stew
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

[quote="Stew"][quote="Toottoot"]You are obviously a bit slow about it given its been up there for ages now.[/quote]

I was busy with other patients, since he was the PT with the least chance of survival at the incident I left his assessment till last and took care of other PT's with a higher chance of survivial :lol:

Stew[/quote] Nah you were just saving the best till last :lol: :lol:
gcs of 3
Stew

Post by Stew »

PFO wrote:Nah you were just saving the best till last :lol: :lol:
LOL funnily enough speaking of GCS3 did one of those the other day (CVA).

Stew
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Stew wrote:
PFO wrote:Nah you were just saving the best till last :lol: :lol:
LOL funnily enough speaking of GCS3 did one of those the other day (CVA).

Stew
hey what drugs do you guys use over there for RSI? are you allowed to carry vecuronium over there or propofol , morph/midaz etc ?
gcs of 3
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Long time caller first time listener.

Bunbury to Perth transfers bite the big one ;)

NO scanner atm totally sucks :( lil mongrels broke into my house while down bunbury last week argh.....
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Spotted that South Australian Private Ambulance today along way from home it belongs to "Fire Rescue Safety Australia"

Must be getting into the ambo game ;)
outbackpara

Post by outbackpara »

MMW bit off track FRSA buy and sell used emergency vehicles. They supplied three to a site i was on a while back. They can find you just about anything.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Spotted the RSLS ambo down on the esplande yesterday had a chat with the 2 guys down there, was curious that they only hold senior first aid/occ first aid certificates and operate the ambulance as such.

Transport to hospital yes indeed they tell me never been told not to.
Herpes
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Herpes »

saw alas van on grand ocean so i followed it and it went into the school. Saw someone go in to pick up her kids.

I wonder if that is a call out
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

for anyone that went to the V8s what are your thoughts on the way the patient was extricated from the mini cooper??????? :cry:
gcs of 3
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

PFO wrote:for anyone that went to the V8s what are your thoughts on the way the patient was extricated from the mini cooper??????? :cry:
They certainly took a while to get him out - and couple that with my observation that the ambulance then travelled the internal service roads at such a slow speed makes me assume they were concerned with neck or spinal injuries.

Good to hear though on the Sunday morning that the driver was OK.

As for what they actually did to get the guy out of the car, I was too far away and couldn't see clearly. But as a member of the WA Sporting Car Club and someone who participates in motorsport at Barbagallo Raceway, I've never had any reason to be concerned about the medical staff.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

quite concerning that the vehicle was rolled back into the upright position before any patient assessment and or spinal immobilsation was done, remembering that over 25% of spinal trauma occurs after the incident itself even the television coverage changed to something else. Great to hear that hes ok though
gcs of 3
Bozza83

Post by Bozza83 »

some of you may or may not realise but a lot of staff for ALAS at alf barbagello raceway are actually Emergency Dept RN's!!

Just thought id share that!
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Bozza83 wrote:some of you may or may not realise but a lot of staff for ALAS at alf barbagello raceway are actually Emergency Dept RN's!!

Oh ok, interesting that most ed RNs are not trained in vehicle extrications or applying collars, backboards keds etc. Last i looked it isnt part of a nursing degree. Not having a go at Rns and they are a very valuable asset to hospitals and homecare patients and much more
gcs of 3
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Bozza83 wrote:some of you may or may not realise but a lot of staff for ALAS at alf barbagello raceway are actually Emergency Dept RN's!!

Alot = 1
gcs of 3