Ambulance services other than St John

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

fight bois we love peace
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

[quote="munchkin1981"]fight bois we love peace[/quote] Met a current alas
employee on the weekend and noticed that the Mseries zoll hadnt been serviced since 2005. Didnt have the heart to point that out to the employee because they were too busy telling me how qualified they were lol, and how corrupt sja were. Okies i thought to myself and left the convo at that.
gcs of 3
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

[quote="Stew"][quote="Toottoot"]Well Stew just to get you up with the times, this is actually a radio scanning forum. There was lots of carry on which resulted in the admins locking a similar thread and this one is heading the same way. If you are interested in whinging about ambulance services, there are threads and even forums elsewhere for that. Now see if you can prove ambulance fanciers are not all from the same mould.[/quote]

I am well aware its a radio forum, and I was talking to some of these guys long before you as well.

And re Ambulance fanciers, have you considered some of us actually work in the industry? Rather then chase ambulances, we drive them.

And really I can't see the issue with it, its a forum to discuss topics, if it wasn't wanted here (other then sja forum) why was the forum made in the first place? Like I said, if its not your cup of tea your not forced by anyone to brwose this specific forum, no one is.

Until now I have had a reasonably informative and sensible discussion with others on this topic - isn't that what forums are for?

Cheers;
Stew[/quote] well said stew. mr toot has done this before and is unable to resist and then inadvertantly troll this thread in an attempt to get it removed. Interesting that no-one has bothered to go on the new forum that Jphilllips mentioned. pretty obvious why lol.
gcs of 3
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

PFO wrote:
Stew wrote:
Toottoot wrote:Well Stew just to get you up with the times, this is actually a radio scanning forum. There was lots of carry on which resulted in the admins locking a similar thread and this one is heading the same way. If you are interested in whinging about ambulance services, there are threads and even forums elsewhere for that. Now see if you can prove ambulance fanciers are not all from the same mould.
I am well aware its a radio forum, and I was talking to some of these guys long before you as well.

And re Ambulance fanciers, have you considered some of us actually work in the industry? Rather then chase ambulances, we drive them.

And really I can't see the issue with it, its a forum to discuss topics, if it wasn't wanted here (other then sja forum) why was the forum made in the first place? Like I said, if its not your cup of tea your not forced by anyone to brwose this specific forum, no one is.

Until now I have had a reasonably informative and sensible discussion with others on this topic - isn't that what forums are for?

Cheers;
Stew
well said stew. mr toot has done this before and is unable to resist and then inadvertantly troll this thread in an attempt to get it removed. Interesting that no-one has bothered to go on the new forum that Jphilllips mentioned. pretty obvious why lol.
Why would I troll this thread to get it shut down PFO? Surely if I didnt want it on there I wouldn't have started it???? I don't follow your logic. Keep it on topic and stop trolling.
Stew

Post by Stew »

Toottoot wrote:Why would I troll this thread to get it shut down PFO? Surely if I didnt want it on there I wouldn't have started it???? I don't follow your logic. Keep it on topic and stop trolling.
Bottom line as I see it is this, yes its a radio orientated board, but within it there are forums on other topics covering subjects other then radio commmunications, think we can all agree on that.

At the end of the day, like I said at the start of the day, I was considering contacting ALAS re employment, obviously since there were a number of ex-alas people here discussion the said company it made sense to ask pertinent questions here and get it from the horses mouth so-to-speak.

Needless to say I know enough now to know that considering ALAS as a viable option at this point in time would be a rather irresponsible move.

So since its a radio forum, what radio comms do ALAS use :p
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Stew wrote:
Toottoot wrote:Why would I troll this thread to get it shut down PFO? Surely if I didnt want it on there I wouldn't have started it???? I don't follow your logic. Keep it on topic and stop trolling.
Bottom line as I see it is this, yes its a radio orientated board, but within it there are forums on other topics covering subjects other then radio commmunications, think we can all agree on that.

At the end of the day, like I said at the start of the day, I was considering contacting ALAS re employment, obviously since there were a number of ex-alas people here discussion the said company it made sense to ask pertinent questions here and get it from the horses mouth so-to-speak.

Needless to say I know enough now to know that considering ALAS as a viable option at this point in time would be a rather irresponsible move.

So since its a radio forum, what radio comms do ALAS use :p

Come back when you are PFO.
Stew

Post by Stew »

Toottoot wrote:Come back when you are PFO.
You think I'm PFO do you?
All I have to ask now is "Have you being knocking back some of the morph in ALAS's unlocked supplies cupboard" lol.

"Argh Perth 125 to Comms querry mental instability"

Stew
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Stew wrote:
Toottoot wrote:Come back when you are PFO.
You think I'm PFO do you?
All I have to ask now is "Have you being knocking back some of the morph in ALAS's unlocked supplies cupboard" lol.

"Argh Perth 125 to Comms querry mental instability"

Stew
No it appears you do.

I addressed my post of Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:14 am to PFO not you. You have then replied with your post of Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:50 am quoting my comments to PFO. Were you commenting on PFO's behalf? It appears you were trying to point something out for them before you stooped to personal attacks.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

brad_88

Post by brad_88 »

has anyone watched the tv show all about the RFDS. i watched a bit of it on sunday i believe it was andit amazed me. the skills of all the doctors and pilots are unbelievable.
Stew

Post by Stew »

Brad Michau wrote:has anyone watched the tv show all about the RFDS. i watched a bit of it on sunday i believe it was andit amazed me. the skills of all the doctors and pilots are unbelievable.
Yep seen it a few times now, pretty amazing. Would be pretty good to work for the RFDS, just imagine the broad range of cases you would come across, would certainly look impressive on ones cv for sure.

Although having said that, it would be no where near as 'glitzy' if thats that right word, as it looks on the TV there would hours and hours of boring tape hit the cutting room floor no doubt. And it would be a highly stressfull job as well because its you, your making the decision and it has to be right theres no second chances or turning back, especially when you consider distances these people are from major hospitals you would want to be very confident in your abilities and ability to virtually work as a one-person-show.

I know from personal experience its a pretty hard gig when you are the one person on scene and every decision you make has to be the right one, one error could see you walking through a virtual minefield of additional problems.

Stew
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

-I know from personal experience its a pretty hard gig when you are the one person on scene and every decision you make has to be the right one, one error could see you walking through a virtual minefield of additional problems.

Stew

yet in wa they keep pumping out IPs with no onroad experience, No pharmacology studies, clinical practice, In some cases limited life skills,cowboy attitudes and the list goes on. Off to the mines they go and earn twice that of an SJA paramedic and with access to pretty much any drug. Its also embarssing that the state Gov would rather pay a fine each year for breaking anti-competitve legislation laws than set things right by tendering all pre-hospital contracts thus doubling if not trebelling available vehicles to respond to emergencies, and PT. Its not rocket science, simply have registration cards as RNs do, and compulsory recertifications .
gcs of 3
Stew

Post by Stew »

I'm calling Guiness Book of records, PFO your outstanding!!!
I've never known anyone with a GCS of 3 to be able to operate a computer and type rationally :P
Can I study you - I could make millions here lol.
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

[quote="Stew"]I'm calling Guiness Book of records, PFO your outstanding!!!
I've never known anyone with a GCS of 3 to be able to operate a computer and type rationally :P
Can I study you - I could make millions here lol.[/quote] Sorry i meant to write toot toot has a gcs of 3 lol :lol: ( No offence toot ) :lol:
gcs of 3
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

PFO wrote:
Stew wrote:I'm calling Guiness Book of records, PFO your outstanding!!!
Can I study you - I could make millions here lol.
Sorry i meant to write toot toot has a gcs of 3 lol :lol: ( No offence toot ) :lol:
You are obviously a bit slow about it given its been up there for ages now.

As for the rational operation of the computer, well that seems to be in the eye of the beholder. :(