Ambulance services other than St John

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

PFO wrote:more than one source has confirmed yes, they have pulled the pin as a result of losing their M.D. Whether true or not who knows but if they were at BARBS on weekend then maybe not. Anyone know if they were there?
There were two ALAS ambulances at Barbagallo Raceway when I was up there on Sunday for the Winter Classic historic racing. There was also a regularity trial event on Saturday which I didn't go to, so couldn't say if they were there or not.

Both ambulances were parked in the area behind the control tower in the infield.

The next event at Barbagallo is the truck racing on the weekend of 19/20 July. (Anyone going to that BTW? If you're even moderately interested in motorsport, then these trucks put on a pretty good show ;) )
Last edited by Zebedee on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Drop the muck-raking and ranting. It's the reason the last thread was locked.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Markmywords wrote:I gave my magic 8 ball a shake this morning and asked the question "Will ALAS be at the raceway this weekend" the answer i got was "too early till tell wait and see"

PFO: The ambulances your looking out for only one is red/blue the others are universal green so if you blinkd you miss them. But our good friend kyles going to take some happy snaps next week.
I had a feeling my name would be brought up... Well I got lots of photos of lemon drops, gob stoppers but I didn't see any smarties... boost bars in fashion though and very retro.. :wink:

Good to hear your doing well MMW, PFO and Musketeer its about time we caught up for a night cap :smt026. however i think its my turn to shout lol..

Confucius say: Karma will come to those that have wronged us.. well my fortune cookie said so...

I was wondering if anyone had any photos of the two new Ambulance Services ..
Last edited by Kyle on Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Which one are you talking about? Is it the new Logistical Support Ones - LS1 and LS2??
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

gkoutlis wrote:Which one are you talking about? Is it the new Logistical Support Ones - LS1 and LS2??
LS1 and LS2 haven't heard of them?

There is one in Freo called Event Paramedics ..(not sure if they are doing patient transport, events or mines though).

If anyone could shed some light or post some pics if you work for them that would be cool....

Good to see a bit of growth and healthy competition on the market..
Last edited by Kyle on Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

I also was told by a friend at FESA that the introduction of spine boards may occur in 2009

From what I understood WA will both have them on Fire Trucks as well as Ambulances..

Just wanted to know if there was any truth in the claim..
O.O
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Kyle: LS1 and LS2 are SJA logical support units for major disasters.

And before people go stop the ALAS bashing it is public knowledge that they are heading into liquidation. Nothing that no one with half a brain can find out by asking the right questions to the right people.

Until the company is in liquidation offically they can still trade IF they are operating without a medical director and still have drugs on the vehicles then that is illegal and should be reported as such to the health department.

You dont need a medical director to operate a service as such BUT when drugs are involved you certainly do. So it maybe a last grab at cash and running a service without drugs.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

:D
Last edited by bomber on Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Kyle wrote:I also was told by a friend at FESA that the introduction of spine boards may occur in 2009

From what I understood WA will both have them on Fire Trucks as well as Ambulances..

How come you deleted your previous post which stated that it would be your last post?
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Toottoot wrote:
Kyle wrote:I also was told by a friend at FESA that the introduction of spine boards may occur in 2009

How come you deleted your previous post which stated that it would be your last post?
Because Toottoot i couldn't live without you... haha
O.O
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

bomber wrote:

Very true about fesa getting spinal boards. Trucks are being fitted with the compartments as we speak and winter training is how to use them.All rescue appliances will have them. They are already fitted to all the heavy rescues.
Thats great to hear, as spine boards are 1 of the better extrication and immobilization tools on the market.. Do you know if it will be combination scoop spine board or singular board. As I have seen one on the market that can be used to perform both functions.
O.O
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
O.O
musketeer

competative market

Post by musketeer »

Kyle you are right with the call regarding a competative market. Any monopoly is dangerous and decidedly unhealthy for the consumer!
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: competative market

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.