Ambulance services other than St John

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Ambulance services other than St John

Post by 4353 »

Got no idea whos left the M1 website doesnt say much.
RIP
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

Was racing at the motorplex on the weekend and noticed in the officials carpark a 1989 toyota lexen with rather large sports body kit, it had red and white stripping and the word MEDIC down both sides with what (from a distance) looked like the AMS logo on the doors it also had several aerials hanging of the back. anyone have a clue to who or what this vehicle is????????????
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

Last edited by Smithy on Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

Is it a AMS vehicle or is it a private vehicle thats been done up for some reason, cause i thought it was a bit strange for a company to be using such an old vehicle. But smithy from what you have just said if it is the person i am thinking of he may be a member of BFS down your way. If this is the one, apart from telling people that he is a fully qualed para (which he is not) he has also been caught out many times (once personally) claiming to be a career firie at rockingham (which he is not)...............
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Without saying too much... - This is a private vehicle (not linked to any Ambulance Service) - and yes I was there on duty with VFAS on Saturday afternoon/evening at Motorplex and noted the strobes on the dash and rear.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Hopefully the decals n lights are removable OR he has a permit :D

I saw the SS done up in ambulance decals driving through freo sun afternoon had some logo on it couldnt say but looked like AMS or a hostile1 logo bright yellow/orange decals
RIP
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

4353 wrote:Hopefully the decals n lights are removable OR he has a permit :D

I saw the SS done up in ambulance decals driving through freo sun afternoon had some logo on it couldnt say but looked like AMS or a hostile1 logo bright yellow/orange decals

Also noticed the old alas/ams mercedes has been re stickered into hostile colours but has AMS logo on the side lol. Worked out why the name change on the website too from devries to robinson. $$= 0
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
WAMedic

Post by WAMedic »

4353 wrote:Hopefully the decals n lights are removable OR he has a permit :D

Neither of those vehicles mentioned above belong to AMS or Hostile1.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

well either i need glasses or sumones using the same logo n colours as ams/hostile1. The vehicle in question was in kewdale today ;)
RIP
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

Neither of those vehicles mentioned above belong to AMS or Hostile1.
If this is the case in which i say it is, considering the owner of this vehicle ( 89 lexen) is employed by AMS, i would of thought the company would take action due to the fact he is driving a non approved (illegal) emergancy vehicle with the company logo all over it. Its not real good advertising.......
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

Its all very confusing . Two apparent separate companies using each others vehicles and converting to the same decals on their vehicles and having the same directors with manager changing names and using old ALAS phone numbers lol. Somebody write a book :wink:
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

OK this stops - NOW.

There has been a history of people making sniping posts at ambulance companies on this forum, full of vague innuendo and general unpleasantness. This kind of behaviour is not and will not be tolerated on WARSUG.

The next person to post this kind of garbage will be banned without any warning or discussion.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

I was merely statinto wamedic what vehicles i saw :)

Just in case it was aimed at me.

Its no different to someone saying that one police vehicle had a vector lightbar and someone elses saying it didnt.
RIP
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

No it wasn't aimed soley at you. It was aimed at anyone that has something to say about the way the 2 companies are being run and the legalities of it.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.