Ambulance services other than St John

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

They certainly took a while to get him out - and couple that with my observation that the ambulance then travelled the internal service roads at such a slow speed makes me assume they were concerned with neck or spinal injuries.

Good to hear though on the Sunday morning that the driver was OK.

As for what they actually did to get the guy out of the car, I was too far away and couldn't see clearly. But as a member of the WA SClubporting Car and someone who participates in motorsport at Barbagallo Raceway, I've never had any reason to be concerned about the medical staff.

Just a quick note that not sure on the numbers that are being utilised as rescue crews buy the WA Sporting car club at the moment but i no that for a while they have been short of crewmemebers just wondering if they have bothered to make sure there crews are trained in vehicle rescue as i no for a fact that cams are not running any rescue courses this year and didnt run any last year i hope those guys are covered if the preverbial does hit the fan.

PS ex member for there rescue crew and do no what im talking about LOL

musketeer

When the preverbial hits.......

Post by musketeer »

It will never happen!!!
We're not sandgropers we're ostriches!!
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

PFO wrote:for anyone that went to the V8s what are your thoughts on the way the patient was extricated from the mini cooper??????? :cry:
what day ws that on??
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Wasaint, I don't know who you're quoting, or what the message is you're trying to put through.

I thought though that I was pretty clear in my original post. I have yet to experience anything as a person who goes to the raceway to do more than spectate, to have any concerns about the level of medical care that is available. I think that pretty much explains my position without any confusion...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Zebedee wrote:
PFO wrote:for anyone that went to the V8s what are your thoughts on the way the patient was extricated from the mini cooper??????? :cry:
They certainly took a while to get him out - and couple that with my observation that the ambulance then travelled the internal service roads at such a slow speed makes me assume they were concerned with neck or spinal injuries.

Good to hear though on the Sunday morning that the driver was OK.

As for what they actually did to get the guy out of the car, I was too far away and couldn't see clearly. But as a member of the WA Sporting Car Club and someone who participates in motorsport at Barbagallo Raceway, I've never had any reason to be concerned about the medical staff.
Bingo, hit the nail on the head concerned with spinal injuries. so why roll the vehicle
back onto its wheels?
gcs of 3
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

PFO wrote:Bingo, hit the nail on the head concerned with spinal injuries. so why roll the vehicle
back onto its wheels?
I have no idea. Perhaps it was the best/only way to get the driver out safely.

Perhaps you could write to whoever was in charge of looking after the medical team - the WA Sporting Car Club might be able to point you in the right direction - and ask them?

It is very dark.
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Zebedee wrote:
PFO wrote:Bingo, hit the nail on the head concerned with spinal injuries. so why roll the vehicle
back onto its wheels?
I have no idea. Perhaps it was the best/only way to get the driver out safely.

Perhaps you could write to whoever was in charge of looking after the medical team - the WA Sporting Car Club might be able to point you in the right direction - and ask them?
thanks for that do you know who that may be? :)
gcs of 3
outbackpara

Post by outbackpara »

Hrmmmm i dont think the medical team is responsible for the roll over. Any para or firie will know the fire team is in charge until the car is stabilised isolated and any danger removed and or controlled. Once that is established the medics are in charge. So i think you should take it up with the chief fire marshall not the medics.....

(edit)
This may tie in with the WASCC fire team having no vehicle rescue training and or experience? I saw a volunteer fire and rescue crew on standby near the south entrance. Maybe they are there because of the lack of vehicle rescue capabilities? I saw the vintage of the firies they are old as they look well past retirement sorry guys......
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

outbackpara wrote:Hrmmmm i dont think the medical team is responsible for the roll over. Any para or firie will know the fire team is in charge until the car is stabilised isolated and any danger removed and or controlled. Once that is established the medics are in charge. So i think you should take it up with the chief fire marshall not the medics.....

(edit)
This may tie in with the WASCC fire team having no vehicle rescue training and or experience? I saw a volunteer fire and rescue crew on standby near the south entrance. Maybe they are there because of the lack of vehicle rescue capabilities? I saw the vintage of the firies they are old as they look well past retirement sorry guys......
been involved in plenty of MVAs and have worked barbagellos V8s prior to 04 and its always been a case of medic in charge liases with the chief firey so that a decision is made, if the fires had no chocks, cutters spreaders etc, and it was a case of life over limb, then perhaps rolling the vehicle with the patient still inside may have been appropriate. NOT :shock:
gcs of 3
Herpes
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Herpes »

Obviously the Medic in charge had no balls. He should not have allowed anyone to roll a car back onto its wheels with the patient still inside.

Nice to see housemate out in the middle sittin on his fat ass, pretending he has what it takes
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

As always, plenty of backseat drivers - or should that be backseat rescue personnel - I see.

Perhaps next time they should just grab half a dozen people out of the crowd. After all, the crowd seem to know a lot more than they do!

It is very dark.
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

hey ZEEBE dont get off at other people for putting there points of veiw across
you say there are plenty of back seat drivers/rescue crews but yes you might be an Administrator but that doesnt mean you are not amune to have your topics or reply questioned yes some of us not be as prolific in the way we respond to topics on this forum but that still does not mean that we dont have the nesceary knowledge or experiance to comment on this site .
if you dont whanrt any one to comment dont make this a public site enough said
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

simply put an observation out there for comment, and see what other peoples thoughts are. No backseat driving, just observation. I was hoping to get some reasonable input which i did to a degree, without any bias. It doesnt
matter who rolled the vehicle and how, what matters is that it is quite plain to see from a pre-hospital perspective that there is a lack of either communication and or training in how that matter should have been handled. Perhaps in future V8s should be handled by professionals who do just that. Full time staff. Red Bull events have their own doctors and paramedics, and employ career firies, Racesafe do events all around australia and employ career paras and doctors, so why not look after the elite sportsment in WA as well. Communication is the key and thats what didnt happen

Sorry Zebedee, just call it as i see it. No backseat driving. Only the back left window was shattered on that vehicle upon rollover, nothing else was tampered with thus indicating that no-one went into the vehicle to maintain C spine whilst they rolled it over which should never have occured in the first place if spinal was of concern
gcs of 3
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

So what are you going to do about this issue of staff communication and training levels then?
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

westernwedgey wrote:So what are you going to do about this issue of staff communication and training levels then?
Why is that my prob?
gcs of 3