Ambulance services other than St John

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Ive never been to a V8 Supercar race before, dont they have a Fire Rescue Crew in situ ?

Have to say today was good cooperation between the different agencies at a bingle down on the coast this morning.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

wasaint wrote:hey ZEEBE dont get off at other people for putting there points of veiw across
Why not? It's what this site thrives on isn't it? People putting forward their points of view, whether those points of view have anything to do with reality or not...
wasaint wrote:but yes you might be an Administrator but that doesnt mean you are not amune to have your topics or reply questioned yes some of us not be as prolific in the way we respond to topics on this forum but that still does not mean that we dont have the nesceary knowledge or experiance to comment on this site .
if you dont whanrt any one to comment dont make this a public site enough said
Bit sensitive aren't we? I don't recall saying "I'm an administrator so I must be right" - far from it. But like you reserve the right to make whatever comments you like to put forward your perspective, so do I.
PFO wrote:Sorry Zebedee, just call it as i see it. No backseat driving.
As did I. From what I saw, they seemed to do a pretty good job. If I were in a race car I'd be happy with having them come to my aid. Just calling it as I see it :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Weedmeister

Post by Weedmeister »

Guys, nothing to do with ALAS.
Though as of this week Careflight International are running a fixed wing jet aircraft out of the Perth domestistic airport. It will be able to do International medical evacuations and within WA as well.
Their website has nothing on this as the Media release is next week. http://careflight.org/careflight_international/ Watch this space.. :D
I don't know aircraft callsign at this stage..
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

anyone know where the new ALAS headquarters is? they have moved again.

Saw M.O Rep with alas recently. Noticed at the v8s that they had a peel ED rn as the paramedical supervisor. How does that work? Something fishy going on lol? :shock:
gcs of 3
Weedmeister

Post by Weedmeister »

Hi PFO, I understand that the people that operate the V8 car live around Port Kennedy. Though don't actually know where they have moved to.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

PFO wrote:anyone know where the new ALAS headquarters is? they have moved again.

Saw M.O Rep with alas recently. Noticed at the v8s that they had a peel ED rn as the paramedical supervisor. How does that work? Something fishy going on lol? :shock:
I went fishing on the weekend and caught nothing then other half caught way more than me now thats fishy.

Something fishy going at peel ?? My eight ball says "nothing to see here"

Money talks when you grease the wheel.
$30 a patient is the going rate not bad extra cash if you palm off 3 a day cash in hand $30 x 3 x 7 x 52 = $30k plus

I did mention to the alas crew at freo last week that they need to feed back to management that there ambulance needs to have reflective film or diamond grade decals not normal printed vinyl. Pasted them twice in one night and didnt notice till they were next to us
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

are you saying what i think you just said MMW. If so, its all starting to make sense. It wouldnt be the same Rn that currently works for alas and peel? :lol:

When i was at the V8s noticed that they had staff in the response vehicle that
were not paras. How does that work. Are the doctors aware?. from whats been said and seen i would think that the M.D would not be a happy chappy .
gcs of 3
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

:D
Last edited by bomber on Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

PFO: Hit the nail on the head ;)

Bomber: About time they moved leaving the vans out on the street and in view was just asking for trouble, im guessing the locals figured MAYBE they were dumb enough to leave drugs in the vans too.
Weedmeister

Post by Weedmeister »

Well it sounds as though ALAS needs to have revised their procedures on leaving their vans out. Let's hope there are no S8 medications in the van, requirement for double locking has been monitored more closely by health dept.
Though a good company would also be aware of where the vans are parked and who drives what vehicles in the eye of the public.

Image is everything and credibility is easy to lose.
musketeer

S8 meds

Post by musketeer »

Unless the lack of poisons permit has been sorted they would be lucky to have S8's!!!!!
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Markmywords wrote:PFO: Hit the nail on the head ;)

Bomber: About time they moved leaving the vans out on the street and in view was just asking for trouble, im guessing the locals figured MAYBE they were dumb enough to leave drugs in the vans too.
Druggies?
I think not- from what i hear, defibs have been stolen and up to 100000 dollars worth of damage. Its either someone whos really pissed at them or an insurance scam. They still use the same defibs that were being used in my day during RFDS and not serviced since 02 so go figure.
Last edited by PFO on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gcs of 3
musketeer

defibs

Post by musketeer »

Last date I saw serviced was 03, so who would want to steal a Zoll ? Go figure??? [-X
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Has anyone seen the MAS vehicles around yet. If so can we have some pics posted.

MMW youve dropped off the planet. Everything ok? :wink: Check your pms
gcs of 3
Weedmeister

Post by Weedmeister »

Grrr'
I though there is an Australian Standard for maintenence of electronic medical equipment, (think it's every 18 moths or something like that AS3200).
Don't forget another WA ambulance service also had got in hot water with the health dept a few years ago.. an ex-ambo, Dr Ixx Jxxxxs. Yes really.