Ambulance services other than St John

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

You're right - rescue10 is no longer a member of this site. The reasons why aren't up for public discussion however.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
canon
Banned

?????

Post by canon »

well been checking the paper on occasion and to be honest, i dont think ALAS
has liquidated as there has not been a notice . Anyone know what the deal with that is?
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
missingpersons

Post by missingpersons »

dont know but seeing alot of the new hostile ambulances coming out from Jandakot looks like there doing RFDS transfers seeing them down there every day just about did SJA loose the contract ???
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

st john still do them
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

They did 3 that I heard on 6DS yesterday late arvo "Jandakot on the ground at 17:40"

Heard them ask for 3 crews assuming 3 planes were arriving.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

SJA Still do RFDS was down at HQ yesterday nothing has changed NOT untill the election, labour win all private mobs can kiss there work goodbye if liberal win well thats a different story.

Hostile have like 1 ambulance in perth the rest on mine sites.
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

4353 wrote:SJA Still do RFDS was down at HQ yesterday nothing has changed NOT untill the election, labour win all private mobs can kiss there work goodbye if liberal win well thats a different story.

Its quite possible that AMS are doing RFDS jobs bearing in mind that their medical director is Dr Rob vissor who works from jandakot and is also the chief medical at barbagellos, so go figure.
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

4353 wrote:SJA Still do RFDS was down at HQ yesterday nothing has changed NOT untill the election, labour win all private mobs can kiss there work goodbye if liberal win well thats a different story.

i think you will find that AMS are using hostiles ambulances and also the 2 mercs that were previously from alas. Have also seen the old mobile 1 vw around the traps.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Thats right.

Private patients, WCA, MVA + other transports can be done by hostile1 or anyone else for that matter IF RFDS call them anything else is SJA until further notice and that comes from the man upstairs.

Lets hope hostile1 can repair the damage that has been done to there reputation because off one person with a big mouth.

Customers are going elsewhere all because off one website (not this one mind you)

FACT before FICTION
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

4353 wrote:Thats right.

Private patients, WCA, MVA + other transports can be done by hostile1 or anyone else for that matter IF RFDS call them anything else is SJA until further notice and that comes from the man upstairs.

Lets hope hostile1 can repair the damage that has been done to there reputation because off one person with a big mouth.

Customers are going elsewhere all because off one website (not this one mind you)

FACT before FICTION
????? why would hostile have their rep tarnished??? i thought it was AMS that was under the pump?
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

AMS is a branch of Hostile1.

No ones under the pump its business as usual for all.
FireOps_Perth

Post by FireOps_Perth »

Liberal have already said they won't go away from SJA, so i'd say they're pretty safe either way. The market is going to get narrower and narrower for private services on-road. Everyone here has to admit that SJA provides a service that NO-ONE in WA can currently fill.

I'm looking forward to when the word "PARAMEDIC" becomes a protected term the way "POLICE" is. I know it's in the pipeline at the moment. That will certainly make things a little more interesting.
Paull & Warner
Strength in Reliability
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Fireops: Restricting the word paramedic are you talking about on vehicles or talking qualifactions.

I dont know how the market would get smaller they would need to bring in whats called a state ambulance act (which neither are doing) and it would have to stipulate that NO other body can run an ambulance vehicle nor have ambulance on a vehicle unless it was st john that would be the only way the market place was restricted.

I was surprised to see ETT get the contract for supplying ambulances on BHP Billiton minesites though across australia, i did see a couple off ETT sprinters went up north on a truck last week from NSW, some mob NOR are an agent for them in WA the private fire training outfit.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

:D
Last edited by Infernal on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.