Ambulance services other than St John

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

musketeer

Wrong place maybe, but the right thing to do.

Post by musketeer »

To not allow discussion is to be afraid for some reason of the outcome. Many posts were placed here because of frustration with a perception that a wrongdoing was being ignored.
Investigative journalism is watched each day, sometimes people are saved by not making the same mistake as others.
People that have taken the time to make these posts have the same incentive, protection.
A very famous man once said "To see what is right, and not do it, is want of courage, or of principle." The writers of these posts are neither.
They are not normally bigoted or vindictive but in this instance can see a danger.
"A person is as big as the things that make him angry."

Thank you Zebedee, for allowing this post.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

This is a radio scanning forum thread about observations of ambulance services. Its not a spring board to the complaints department at parliament house which is where you should be if no one else is listening. There may very well be a good reason they are not listening. To post one side of a story on a public forum is hardly a way to resolve a dispute.

What ever happened to the other website that someone set up to whinge about ambulance services? Closed due to lack of interest?
seeker

Post by seeker »

Toottoot wrote:This is a radio scanning forum thread about observations of ambulance services. Its not a spring board to the complaints department at parliament house which is where you should be if no one else is listening. There may very well be a good reason they are not listening. To post one side of a story on a public forum is hardly a way to resolve a dispute.

What ever happened to the other website that someone set up to whinge about ambulance services? Closed due to lack of interest?
Not closed due to lack of interest but due to other matters, never mind Toottoot another forum has been created to allow for discussion of these issues. ( see my previous posts) at the end of the day everyone is entitled to voice an opinion and the other site will allow this rather than frustrating the "suggers" so everyone should be happy.
hope you have a nice day
seeker :D
Silence implies consent
musketeer

response

Post by musketeer »

And what ambulance radios are you able to scan?

The biggest provider in this state,no (as details are relayed as secure data), another recently closed service, no (as they used mobile 'phones) or the newly established service(which is also using mobile 'phones)!
"To post one side of a story on a public forum is hardly a way to resolve a dispute. "quote
No one is attempting to resolve a dispute. Forums and blog pages have been used many times over for information in the past. Several people have found like minded citizens here in this forum and discussed topics in which they find a common interest.
If you are not in the field of pre hospital care , you likely have not the same interest or knowledge of the subject matter.

"For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism."
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: response

Post by Zebedee »

musketeer wrote:Forums and blog pages have been used many times over for information in the past. Several people have found like minded citizens here in this forum and discussed topics in which they find a common interest.
However, THIS particular forum does not wish to be involved in those kinds of discussions. (And I don't need to go over yet again what kind of discussions I'm referring to.)

It's encouraging to see that another separately-run forum has been created for people to air such material if they feel it's important for them to do so.

That leaves us to focus on our main aim, which is radio scanning.

Now everybody can be happy ;)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
musketeer

Bigot

Post by musketeer »

So just to clarify what ambulance radios do you scan?
d3funct.q45

Post by d3funct.q45 »

That leaves us to focus on our main aim, which is radio scanning.

Now everybody can be happy Wink
Amen.
http://www.chrishermann.net

Scanning with; Uniden BC61XLT.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: Bigot

Post by Zebedee »

musketeer wrote:So just to clarify what ambulance radios do you scan?
Me personally, none at all. My scanner hasn't worked for a few years now. My only scanning nowadays is Amateur Radio repeaters ;)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

hey all been away a while , cant believe the state of affairs that has become of both alas and warsug. Good on ya Zebedee for standing your ground, as it is your forum and so forth.I can however see the point of view from the other parties as well and think it may have served its purpose by bringing a large group of alas staff together to discuss particular issues they may of had. unfortunately at the expense of this forum. Great to see that a new forum has been established and that those topics can be discussed there.
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
musketeer

Post by musketeer »

The first sensible, unemotional and lucid post for some time!!!!

You get my vote!!!

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."
canon
Banned

look what i saw

Post by canon »

musketeer wrote:The first sensible, unemotional and lucid post for some time!!!!

You get my vote!!!

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."
hey all. saw the new ? hostile mercs today but when i approached them i noticed that
there were some obvious stickers that had been removed. ARE these the old alas vehicles? and if they are were they sold ?
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

Yes...they are the missing vehicles that the liquidators/bank are looking for
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

rescue10 wrote:Yes...they are the missing vehicles that the liquidators/bank are looking for
oh ok thanks for that i wasnt sure if they were or not. :)
canon
Banned

Nappy boy

Post by canon »

rescue10 wrote:Yes...they are the missing vehicles that the liquidators/bank are looking for
hey rescue, did you find out about the young lad from hostile? I think its quite funny that they have gone from bad to worse lol.
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

hey rescue, did you find out about the young lad from hostile? I think its quite funny that they have gone from bad to worse lol
Hey canon i believe rescue10 may have been banned from this site for upsetting some people with the truth....