Ambulance services other than St John

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Weedmeister

Post by Weedmeister »

Hi Musketeer,
I hear you mate. Confined Space rescue has changed too over the last few years on the training side and how it's focussed on spinal immobilisation too. Particularly when it comes to heavy industry, mining and oil & gas industries.
musketeer

Ked

Post by musketeer »

Yes weedmeister and all for the better too!! I was horrified during first mines rescue that I was involved in as the medic that spinal was the last consideration of the ERT compared to removal. Thank the gods that this has changed! After being an instructor, examiner and lifeguard it just was so wrong!
I worked for a company just last year that had no spineboard,towels, sandbags or spider and yet regularly had working at heights and cranes in a very remote site. "It will never happen" comes to mind and there was plenty of sand in which to bury their heads!!!
A safety officer's headache! Remarkably they went through several of these individuals too, how strange!!!
rescue10

LASA Gone Belly Up

Post by rescue10 »

On Tuesday night while at a St John Ambulance Sub Center/Divisions 50Th Birthday Bash I was Told Advanced Life went belly up and are no loger in operation.

Is this True?
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

*clap clap* rescue10 you are correct a few days behind but its true just NOT yet offically confirmed.
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

Well they were still in operation Sunday at Barbagallo..Now been picked up by another private service

They also did some jobs monday
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: LASA Gone Belly Up

Post by Kyle »

rescue10 wrote:On Tuesday night while at a St John Ambulance Sub Center/Divisions 50Th Birthday Bash I was Told Advanced Life went belly up and are no loger in operation.

Is this True?
The only person who can answer that question would be ALAS, so why not phone them and ask..its a legitimate question..
Last edited by Kyle on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:21 am, edited 5 times in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

rescue10 wrote:Well they were still in operation Sunday at Barbagallo..Now been picked up by another private service

Another private service ? Qual paramedics or just Industrial Paras or neither ? Be interesting to see if they have a MD and can cover the events same as alas did.

Must be cashing in before they get cleaned out, operating without a poisons permit or maybe under a new name (not illegal if youve resigned before liquidation) close alas down open up new company name same vehicles same. I wonder how stupid the MD is to stay with them must be getting something in return for looking the other way.
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

The MD prob was getting something in return.

They were all up to no good.

I know they transported a bike rider with a ancle injury who was charged $600 for transport but was back at the track 1 hour later with no more than a grazed toe
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

rescue10 wrote:Well they were still in operation Sunday at Barbagallo..Now been picked up by another private service

not old A@@@ @@@@@@@@ mob please dont say it is so LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
gcs of 3
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

rescue10 wrote:The MD prob was getting something in return.

They were all up to no good.

I know they transported a bike rider with a ancle injury who was charged $600 for transport but was back at the track 1 hour later with no more than a grazed toe
And the truth only comes out now sha@@e lol
gcs of 3
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Brain Teaser.. Paramedic / AO brain teaser do you really know the answer?

http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=52154#52154
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

i have been told they have been closed and the new company is called advance medical support
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
musketeer

New name

Post by musketeer »

Not illegal but .......immoral......? :oops:
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

!!!!KARMA!!!

Post by Kyle »

:smt016
Last edited by Kyle on Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
WPXZBP

Re: !!!!KARMA!!!

Post by WPXZBP »

Kyle wrote:Zebedee.. the fact you have censored everyones comments about ALAS says you have no personal confidence to speak you own mind.. Don't let others dictate your thoughts and opinions some times being a leming is not the ideal way to go about life.. As admins you should let discussions go on no matter how heated they get.. as forums are greate for getting issues out on the table and people thinking..
Do you have proof that it was only Zebedee who censored the posts? As you say in your own post there is more than one admin.