channel 76

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

JG-103

channel 76

Post by JG-103 »

Hey everyone, hope you had a merry christmas and hope you have a happy new year, i havent posted much lately cause i dont have a comp, and generally i use d school computers but any way, does any body know what the St John channel 76 frequency
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Its ok, i found it, st johns ambulance channel 76 is 78.7125 and is the channel for Dongara's volunteer st johns ambos.
Best time to listen is at 6 cause they check to see who is avialable- i should know cause my dad is a member.
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

Coild you hear this in the Perth metro area?
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

If you can pick up the country freq's such as Kalgoorlie and Geraldton there much more interesting then the metro channel because these towns have to radio the hospital everytime they go in (no matter what the job). Not like metro were they only radio ahead with a priority job (or these days ring ahead on the phone :( ).
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

I dunno steve, im still up in Dongara so i wouldnt really know but i dont think you would be able too cause of the location and the 300 odd K's the frequency has to travel to reach perth.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Marto, up hear, the 000 call goes to the HQ at Belmont, they then ring up the St Johns up here which rings on the portables, they have a button that you hold down to pick up the phone, the lady at belmont tells em the job details and yeah, jus the other day they rang, said there was a collapsed male at the hardware store and gave em P1. Its good listening in coutry towns, unlike in the city as you said, all they seem to say is SO & SO priority ... in ..... -and thats it.