Ambulance Politics & Policies

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

auntys_eyes wrote:For God's sake you lot... stop bagging the Admins.
auntys_eyes wrote:The overwhelming majority of members of this forum are sick to death of the mindless shit that gets typed here... the flame wars... the trolling... and the keyboard warriors.

And finally and most importantly...
If you haven't got any thing good to say, then don't say anything at all.
Methinks that says it all. :smt023
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

No Probs Aunty but where have i argued with an umpire? Where have i disputed a decision. I havent tried to belittle admin at all. Simply put forward an opinion. Admin if you felt threatened or belittled by any statement that i have made then i sincerely apologise, that was not the intention. The statement wasnt even adressed to admin and you would have noticed the cheeky smileys at the end of the message. Once again people are quick to castigate yet not take a wholistic
view of what is said or interpret correctly. No animosity was intended and none shall be taken :D

cheers
gcs of 3
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

PFO wrote:Once again people are quick to castigate yet not take a wholistic view of what is said or interpret correctly.
I didn't name anyone :roll:
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
musketeer

opinion

Post by musketeer »

Can't we just take the things said here as items raised around a barbie after a drink or two?
You certainly wouldn't jump so quick and loud if that were the case!
Maybe after a case!!
Full drunk, boss!!
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

[quote="auntys_eyes"][quote="PFO"]Once again people are quick to castigate yet not take a wholistic view of what is said or interpret correctly.[/quote]

I didn't name anyone :roll:[/quote] just reading between the lines aunty, and those rolling eyes say it all :wink:
gcs of 3
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Just to confirm that there are NO plans.

1) To introduce an Ambulance Act soon.
Last edited by Markmywords on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

[quote="Markmywords"]Just to confirm that there are NO plans.

1) To introduce an Ambulance Act soon.

or

2) Make legislation that states only SJA & ALAS can be emergency ambulance providers.

Nothings been mentioned in parliment unless again its all a cloack and dagger stuff the Health Dept maybe up to...and if it was true they would sure make sure to make it "SJA"Only.[/quote]i dont think they could make it sja only as that would truly monopolise emergency care. I think SJA are quite happy to have ALAS there as they currently pose no threat to the market if everything i hear and see is true?. It would be like saying you have to shop at coles or use Jims Mowing. All i know is that there are two new services coming to wa from a couple of sources, im just not sure who the second one is.
gcs of 3
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

PFO: Couldnt agree more with that one, there is no threat. Its a shame they didnt have that attitude in the Mr D Era.
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

[quote="Markmywords"]PFO: Couldnt agree more with that one, there is no threat. Its a shame they didnt have that attitude in the Mr D Era.[/quote]Like him or love him, there was never any doubt in my mind that if he had some support from the government at the time ,that pre-hospital care would have advanced 10 fold in WA. He would have kept some great paramedics who eventually went to SJA and many of them have since left
SJA and either moved over east or worked mines or simply gave up on the system all together. He had the balls to stand up to the juggernaut of SJA, whch no-one back then did, He introduced backboards and zolls ,which sja still dont use backboards but sell them ????. He designed and patented a stretcher system for rfds in which patients didnt need to be double handled via the lifeport system. He went out of his way for many but his hands were tied because of nil funding, nil tendering for rfds renewal, free ambulance for non- self funded retirees which the GOV gave exclusive rights to sja, and the body blows kept coming. He fought to the very end and in both mine and many other peoples eyes he should be remembered as a great man and the one who started the pre-hospital revolution in WA. Many an SJA worker would also agree.
gcs of 3
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

on a lighter note can anyone tell me how to join an ambulance service as a driver and become a 2ic and paramedic within 3 months of service? using his own personal vehicle as a rrv, and then do his cert 4 in pre-hospital a few months later? Do you think i nearly fell over when i heard this one???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt082 :smt082 :smt043 :smt043 ](*,) ](*,) :smt078 :smt078 :smt103 :smt103 :smt100 :smt100 :smt108 :smt119 :smt120 :roll: :roll: :smt013 :smt013 unbelievable. Can anybody varify if this is the case and if true what drugs the manager is on :shock:
gcs of 3
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I think he/she went for "Online Overseas Accreditation"

One site charges per course and you do it in real time, then pay print out your own certificate.

Is it valid in Australia....i think personally ot BUT if it allows you to join that reconignsed EMT register in Oz like Medic One allow you to do (Not that this is america so means diddly squat but who knows)

I mean even with medic ones "Ambulance Paramedic" Course it still takes 6 months off rushing (mind you thats 3-6 weeks in a class room outta 6 months and it makes you a parmedic) give me a break !!!!

I smell a pay off probarly
musketeer

Accreditation

Post by musketeer »

Until such time as a paramedic is recognised as a professional with registration and minimum 3yrs uni it will happen all the time. Besides he had to get a certificate from somewhere to wear his uniform (it's got paramedic badges all over it) :roll: !!!!
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

[quote="Markmywords"]I think he/she went for "Online Overseas Accreditation"

One site charges per course and you do it in real time, then pay print out your own certificate.

Is it valid in Australia....i think personally ot BUT if it allows you to join that reconignsed EMT register in Oz like Medic One allow you to do (Not that this is america so means diddly squat but who knows)

I mean even with medic ones "Ambulance Paramedic" Course it still takes 6 months off rushing (mind you thats 3-6 weeks in a class room outta 6 months and it makes you a parmedic) give me a break !!!!

I smell a pay off probarly[/quote] online with no clinical from an overseas college ? your kidding right? and you print out your own cert. :smt044 :smt044 hes a court case waiting to happen lol
gcs of 3
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

if ya cant get quals in aus, then why go online and overseas? they wont hold up in aus unless a conversion course has been completed via sturt, which will
take up to six months if your a para. So your basically telling me that he has no quals as a para yet drives his own personal vehicle with para all over it. SHAME ON HIM"" for putting peoples lives at risk :shock: :shock: can you name this site so people dont get ripped off?
gcs of 3
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Well not knowing which course "he" took it would be a bit hard to find the exact one i just did a google search and found one course off a few that offered onilne training and course updates.