Pre-Hospital Questions & Resources

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

or go to vic uni and do there course BUT once again they have periods of spitting out too many paramedics for not many positions or people not surviving the course.

The first course they ever run they had 30 people to start with then ended up with 8 at the end of semester 1. The course is alot better now with both emerg and non emerg clinicals.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

5min Documentary

Post by Kyle »

A Day in the Life of a Paramedic UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENKxtGL5 ... re=related
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Instructional Videos.

Post by Kyle »

EMT Basic Instructional Videos

1. PA SPLINTING LONG BONE
2. PA SPLINTING KTD,
3. PA SPLINTING JOINT,
4. SPLINTING HARE,
5. SPINAL LSB,
6. SPINAL KED,
7. PA TRAUMA,
8. PA MEDICAL

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?u ... se5432&p=r
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
AcesAP

Post by AcesAP »

Markmywords wrote:yes its like having a monoitor go "check patient check patient" when there sitting up right and talking away.....lol

Ahhhh, them's the days..... HS3000QR.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

AcesAP wrote:
Markmywords wrote:yes its like having a monoitor go "check patient check patient" when there sitting up right and talking away.....lol
Ahhhh, them's the days..... HS3000QR.
Bingo !!!!!
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Ambulance Warning Device

Post by Kyle »

O.O
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Emerg alert is good BUT would be annoying to some drivers the fact the signal is not just ahead but to the sides as well so those is another street if its within reach.

Some CFA units are using them in victoria but thats about it
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Markmywords wrote:Emerg alert is good BUT would be annoying to some drivers the fact the signal is not just ahead but to the sides as well so those is another street if its within reach.

Some CFA units are using them in victoria but thats about it
Yeah pitty its not directional, rather then 360 broadcast. Would be interesting to see some test results to see if it improved navigation of traffic in a emergency. :-k

CFA unit?
O.O
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

cfa is the country fire authority in victoria operates country fire services and also outter fringes in the metro.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Markmywords wrote:cfa is the country fire authority in victoria operates country fire services and also outter fringes in the metro.

Lol, Now I get it.. need a coffee going to put the kettle on, brain is jet lagged. :-s :smt069
O.O
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Emergalert has been around for a while now.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Its a great idea just seems that not many services wanna use it.

If your going up the freeway and others are coming down they get the warning too so it can cause confusion. BUt great product though
eswife

Post by eswife »

Ahhhh, them's the days..... HS3000QR.[/quote]

They certainly were the days, I remember saving a life with one....
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I remember doing a resus at a wedding (mandurah bowls club) with a zoll now that was a bitch job.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

:smt069
O.O