Pre-Hospital Questions & Resources

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Pre-Hospital Questions & Resources

Post by Kyle »

Hi all,

Have started this topic to allow pre-hospital students to ask questions and post links to resources. Myself being new to the industry this would be a great way of getting questions answered and finding those much needed resources.

Pre-Hospital Professionals, Students and alike feel free to contribute and help those learning. :smt024

NYERRN

Medical information site for the Health Care Professional with links to free interactive educational tools, on-line medical textbooks, reference books and so much more.

http://www.geocities.com/nyerrn/ thanks PFO

Clinical Practice Guidelines Victorian Ambulance Service.

http://www.ambulance-vic.com.au/media/docs/index.htm thanks Bomber.

:smt006

Note: Information provided is for open learning and not in anyway to replace professional training. It is to allow students, First Aiders, volunteer ambulance officers, paramedics,nurses & doctors to ask, answer and contribute their knowledge in relation to pre-hospital care, resources, new ambulances, technology & changes in the industry. This thread & contributers takes no liability for use of any information posted in this thread.
Last edited by Kyle on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:50 pm, edited 8 times in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

This thread should be in the Off topic section given this is a radio scanning forum and not a Bunnings How to medical school.

Also be very careful about what people tell you in forums as sometimes (even in the most credible of forums) they are not as clever as they make out to be.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

bomber wrote:
Toottoot wrote:This thread should be in the Off topic section given this is a radio scanning forum and not a Bunnings How to medical school.

Also be very careful about what people tell you in forums as sometimes (even in the most credible of forums) they are not as clever as they make out to be.
dont see the problem with this thread. Its ambulance related . More relevant than half the stuff on the site.
Maybe the General section would be the most appropriate.

From the main page:
St John Ambulance: St John Ambulance frequencies, callsigns and discussion (6DS)
General: News, meet-ups, general questions, emergency services procedures etc
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

bomber wrote:kyle,

If you are studying Anatomy at all there is some great DVD that are avail from the abc shop.

They are called Anatomy for Beginners . It was an SBS series on human disection conducted by a german doctor on bodies donated for education purposes and really gives a great insight on the systems and process of the human body.
Thanks Bomber for the information. The DVD sounds great. Help build on my Anatomy & Physiology knowledge. Makes a great addition to reading the Mosby and Nancy Caroline Books

Do you know any books that deal with beginners guide to calculating pre-hospital medication doses, Weight based Medication Doses, Intramuscular Hypo kits: :?:
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Kyle its fine here :) its ambulance related it got off thread in the ALAS though as people mentioned haha thread but leave your postings here.

:D
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Markmywords wrote:Kyle its fine here :) its ambulance related it got off thread in the ALAS though as people mentioned haha thread but leave your postings here.

Thanks i shall, keep it more organized and topic related.. :smt023
O.O
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

If you are studying Anatomy at all there is some great DVD that are avail from the abc shop.

They are called Anatomy for Beginners . It was an SBS series on human disection conducted by a german doctor on bodies donated for education purposes and really gives a great insight on the systems and process of the human body.
yeah not a bad series , but the guy in it is a twat and is milking it for all its worth. he has aquired bodies under dubious circumstances as well.He already has over 4000 people who have signed their bodies over
gcs of 3
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Kyle wrote:

Thanks Bomber for the information. The DVD sounds great. Help build on my Anatomy & Physiology knowledge. Makes a great addition to reading the Mosby and Nancy Caroline Books

Do you know any books that deal with beginners guide to calculating pre-hospital medication doses, Weight based Medication Doses, Intramuscular Hypo kits: :?:
wouldnt even be concerned with drug calcs yet kyle, focus on basic anatomy,physiology,and pathophysiology before getting to medical maths
gcs of 3
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Markmywords wrote:Kyle its fine here :) its ambulance related it got off thread in the ALAS though as people mentioned haha thread but leave your postings here.

I didnt realise it had the moderators consent. Sorry.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

kyle: do some google searches find out whos offers the best course and see how you go.

Reading books is a good start though but wont replace professional training :) nice to see you keen
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Markmywords wrote:kyle: do some google searches find out whos offers the best course and see how you go.

Reading books is a good start though but wont replace professional training :) nice to see you keen
I will certainly look into it sent you a pm.
Last edited by Kyle on Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
O.O
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

8-[
Last edited by Kyle on Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Just in case someone wanted an ambulance to add to there fleet haha.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GMC-3500-EX-AMBU ... dZViewItem

2002 F350's should be hitting the auctions soon.