6ds dispatch console radio voice quality??? wow

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

6ds dispatch console radio voice quality??? wow

Post by slipknot »

HI guys, im sure compared to uhf cb that the voice quality transmitted with the 6ds dispatch radio sounds like the system they use in a comercial talkback radio station? they must have a massive load of sound equipment attached to the dispatchers mouth piece?

ive always wanted to know what my voice would sound like if i ever talked into it at the ST john HQ.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: 6ds dispatch console radio voice quality??? wow

Post by vk6hgr »

slipknot wrote:HI guys, im sure compared to uhf cb that the voice quality transmitted with the 6ds dispatch radio sounds like the system they use in a comercial talkback radio station? they must have a massive load of sound equipment attached to the dispatchers mouth piece?.
It sounds like they're using a lot of audio compression. Each to his own... I don't think it sounds any better. The problem is if they use too much compression then it will tend to cut off too sharply on words with a hard P, T, or S sound.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

Re: 6ds dispatch console radio voice quality??? wow

Post by slipknot »

vk6hgr wrote:
slipknot wrote:HI guys, im sure compared to uhf cb that the voice quality transmitted with the 6ds dispatch radio sounds like the system they use in a comercial talkback radio station? they must have a massive load of sound equipment attached to the dispatchers mouth piece?.
It sounds like they're using a lot of audio compression. Each to his own... I don't think it sounds any better. The problem is if they use too much compression then it will tend to cut off too sharply on words with a hard P, T, or S sound.
i think your right thier actualy.

supprisingly , you can get the same effect AM cb