RESCUE 651/652 Observations

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Nafenn

Re: RESCUE 65 Observations

Post by Nafenn »

Rescue 65 spotted in Ellenbrook at 2200 (approx), possible traffic accident on The Broadway between Arbor Dve and Westgrove Dve
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
reubylou
Scanners and Receivers: uniden ubc92xlt

Post by reubylou »

Rescue 65 doing laps over Brigadoon at about 1000
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

reubylou wrote:Rescue 65 doing laps over Brigadoon at about 1000
Has landed at Baskerville at an MVA. May possibly be air-intel you may have seen?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
reubylou
Scanners and Receivers: uniden ubc92xlt

Post by reubylou »

gkoutlis wrote:
reubylou wrote:Rescue 65 doing laps over Brigadoon at about 1000
Has landed at Baskerville at an MVA. May possibly be air-intel you may have seen?

G
Baskerville/Brigadoon are adjacent to each other. Was definitely Rescue 65 that I saw.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

What was the helicopter that bought the missing quad biker back this evening? I saw it fly into RPH and it wasn't Rescue 65. It might of been the RAAF SAR chopper but I'm not quite sure.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

nachoman wrote:What was the helicopter that bought the missing quad biker back this evening? I saw it fly into RPH and it wasn't Rescue 65. It might of been the RAAF SAR chopper but I'm not quite sure.
Did you catch the Rego?

I saw the report - and as the paremedics had SJA patches, my guess would be the chopper is a temp replacement while VH-EWA is in for maintinence
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

nachoman wrote:What was the helicopter that bought the missing quad biker back this evening? I saw it fly into RPH and it wasn't Rescue 65. It might of been the RAAF SAR chopper but I'm not quite sure.
It is VH-EPH. I have noticed it filling in for the usual Rescue 65 over the last week.

http://jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?regsearch=VH-EPH
http://airliners.net/search/photo.searc ... rch=VH-EPH

Below is a quote from Aviation WA, which was posted in October 2012, so I can only imagine the same is occurring again.
http://aviationwa.org.au/ACPhotos/Movements-201210.html wrote:This helicopter was based at Jandakot temporarily as a replacement aircraft whilst the RAC Rescue Helicopter Bell 412EP VH-EWA was under maintenance.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

Yep it would have been VH-EPH thanks. It had the same colour as the pics with a Bell 412 shape and pod under the cockpit.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

Saw 'Rescue 65' on the news tonight and it looked to be VH-EPH again
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

And on tonights news another 'Rescue 65' VH-EPK reddish/white colour with RAC logo and Rescue 65 written on the tail

Flightaware shows both VH-EPK and VH-EPH have been active recently, but not VH-EWA

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/VHEPH
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/VHEPK
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Matt. »

I was at the RAC base last month and they had an ambulance Victoria flying around but this latest one looks more permanent despite being white it now has the RAC logo and RAC rescue on the tail

Matt
helimedic
Amateur callsign: VK6EMS

Post by helimedic »

VH-EWA will be back in service soon once the aircraft returns from maintenance in Brisbane.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

helimedic wrote:VH-EWA will be back in service soon once the aircraft returns from maintenance in Brisbane.
According to FlightAware it has recently done a few flights around Brisbane
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/VHEWA
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

does anyone have any idea when the RAC chopper is back online? haven't seen or heard anything from them lately.
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

kyeboi wrote:does anyone have any idea when the RAC chopper is back online? haven't seen or heard anything from them lately.
The "RAC chopper" (Rescue 65) hasn't been offline. Whilst the yellow helicopter (VH-EWA) has been in Queensland for maintenance/service, another helicopter has been filling the Rescue 65 role. I have heard it many times on 6AR over the past weeks, and it has been shown on several TV news reports recently.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!