RESCUE 651/652 Observations

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Delta_246

Post by Delta_246 »

These magpies dont bother me cause I know if they do that, they wont get fresh water and food!
gkoutlis wrote:
Delta_246 wrote:I was walking down Cambridge street at the time, but would have taken me camera out and taken a couple of happy snaps,

but....

DAMN WILLY WAGTAIL [little bird] kept on dive-bombing me cause he had a nest in the tree I was taking cover in.....

GRRRRRR, Bring's back the memories of service with the black - hawks i.e. only recently
Lucky it was a Willy Wagtail and Not a Magpie - They are very aggressive this year - We've had 3 incidents at curtin so far last week with people req minor First aid after being swooped by Magpies.
Kombi

Rescue 65 doing training tues

Post by Kombi »

Rescue 65 departing Jandakot for Rotto and City training sortie 10 past noon.

Hooray i got it in right place this time.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

surprised no mentioned rescue 65 going to a mc vs tree?in bullsbrook today then getting stood down and divert 5 mins to wangara to another mc vs dirty track
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

It went over my house just after noon today low and fast to the city from north but didn't know where it had been or what for...
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Rescue 65 mobile to FESA wanneroo hq, Yellagonga incident?
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

rescue 65 heading to chidlow Motor cycle accident
Kombi

65 landing

Post by Kombi »

Markmywords wrote:rescue 65 heading to chidlow Motor cycle accident
Rescue 65 landing on chidlow oval, Midland police told to use vehicles for lights to land 9.22pm
Toottoot
Banned

Re: 65 landing

Post by Toottoot »

Kombi wrote:
Markmywords wrote:rescue 65 heading to chidlow Motor cycle accident
Rescue 65 landing on chidlow oval, Midland police told to use vehicles for lights to land 9.22pm
I hope they don't start cutting up on the oval vis-a-vis FG101.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I had some interesting reading last night that from 2005 to 2006 rescue 65 operated at an average cost of $13,000 per hour....

The bean counters were looking at the running costs and asking questions about the travel to different areas more so down south, were another service was available at $700 an hour for south west sorties rather than send rescue 65. *edited so it read properly*

I have to say i hear rescue 65 clear as a bell on the fesa channel on the sja channel it sounds terrible.
Last edited by Markmywords on Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Markmywords wrote:I had some interesting reading last night that from 2005 to 2006 rescue 65 operated at an average cost of $13,000 per hour....

Losing money much.

I have to say i hear rescue 65 clear as a bell on the fesa channel on the sja channel it sounds terrible.
But how much is a life worth?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I agree with Toottoot. - You don't know how precious someone's life really is until they pass-away.

If the chopper is the fine line of Life or Death for a critically wounded person, wouldn't you think $13,000 (which isn't the exact operating costs - more an estimate) - is worth the life of someone who can be saved??

*Please note* - Not having a dig at anyone - I'm just putting my 2 cents worth, following from an un-successful resus over the weekend.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

There is no price you can put on a life toally agree.

I should have included in my post that the bean counters were stating the cost of operations of the helicopter (i just made it short n sweet without elaborating further so my bad) and were comparing the costs and alternatives.

And sorry to hear about your unsuccessfull resus gkoutlis you win some and you lose some.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Markmywords wrote:There is no price you can put on a life toally agree.

I should have included in my post that the bean counters were stating the cost of operations of the helicopter (i just made it short n sweet without elaborating further so my bad) and were comparing the costs and alternatives.

And sorry to hear about your unsuccessfull resus gkoutlis you win some and you lose some.
Not a problem at all MMW - and thanks.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Heard rescue 65 heading for Rotto for training this afternoon