RESCUE 651/652 Observations

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Post Reply
Toottoot
Banned
Posts: 1151
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:48 am

RESCUE 651/652 Observations

Post by Toottoot »

A sticky to keep up to date with rescue 65's comings and goings.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Posts: 925
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:39 am

Post by bomber »

:D
Last edited by bomber on Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Posts: 783
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:28 am

Post by Schism_ »

Usually it's MVA
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Posts: 925
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:39 am

Post by bomber »

thats why i was wondering if they use dif terms or i am just going deaf
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Posts: 1659
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:24 pm
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

bomber wrote:thats why i was wondering if they use dif terms or i am just going deaf
pardon? :lol:
Delta_246
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by Delta_246 »

Yesterday arvo, spotted en-route to RPH at approx 4pm,

Though "Thump""Thump""Thump" oh dont you just love that sound!
gkoutlis
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5129
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:46 am

Post by gkoutlis »

Delta_246 wrote:Yesterday arvo, spotted en-route to RPH at approx 4pm,

Though "Thump""Thump""Thump" oh dont you just love that sound!
Hi Delta - Yeah if it was coming from the North around that time - I saw it too - was on duty with VFAS at an Event, and spotted it from the Craigie area.
Toottoot
Banned
Posts: 1151
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:48 am

Post by Toottoot »

It came over cottesloe around lunch time. Heading north.
Delta_246
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by Delta_246 »

I was walking down Cambridge street at the time, but would have taken me camera out and taken a couple of happy snaps,

but....

DAMN WILLY WAGTAIL [little bird] kept on dive-bombing me cause he had a nest in the tree I was taking cover in.....

GRRRRRR, Bring's back the memories of service with the black - hawks i.e. only recently
gkoutlis
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5129
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:46 am

Post by gkoutlis »

Delta_246 wrote:I was walking down Cambridge street at the time, but would have taken me camera out and taken a couple of happy snaps,

but....

DAMN WILLY WAGTAIL [little bird] kept on dive-bombing me cause he had a nest in the tree I was taking cover in.....

GRRRRRR, Bring's back the memories of service with the black - hawks i.e. only recently
Lucky it was a Willy Wagtail and Not a Magpie - They are very aggressive this year - We've had 3 incidents at curtin so far last week with people req minor First aid after being swooped by Magpies.
Kombi

Post by Kombi »

Toottoot wrote:It came over cottesloe around lunch time. Heading north.
Very shortly after Midday on Sunday it went to Lancelin to get 2 injured boys collided in sand dunes,

Also It just headed NW from Perth A/P Monday little after 1.30pm towards direction of Hillarys ??
Last edited by Kombi on Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Posts: 925
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:39 am

Post by bomber »

Kombi, departed for boddington around 1243 today. That must have been just before you saw it.
Kombi

Post by Kombi »

bomber wrote:Kombi, departed for boddington around 1243 today. That must have been just before you saw it.
Well dunno,,thunp thump,is it all yellow with red nose, would'nt go south to boddington if it went over me in Dianella heading NW ???
Last edited by Kombi on Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Posts: 925
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:39 am

Post by bomber »

why ask if you feel you have the answer. I guess the scanner lied.
Kombi

Post by Kombi »

bomber wrote:why ask if you feel you have the answer. I guess the scanner lied.
not saying any one lied, asked you is it all yellow with red nose and loud, i and my wife went outside after hearing it above all the radio's and closed windows and watched in the 39.5 deg heat for 2 mins ????? heading NW ??, Channel seven has red on it but this was far too noisy for 7's chopper, just quoted what we heard and saw,.
Post Reply