RESCUE 651/652 Observations

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

richard omeara

Re: RESCUE 65 Observations

Post by richard omeara »

Rescue 65 heading to Mandurah hospital.
Amb510

Post by Amb510 »

When did rescue65 get a new paint job and went to white to red instead off yellow or is it another chopper.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Amb510 wrote:When did rescue65 get a new paint job and went to white to red instead off yellow or is it another chopper.
Refer to post on previous page: RAC Rescue 1 (yellow chopper) is down for maintenance. Standby chopper being used in it's place, still using callsign Rescue 65.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
AcesAP

Post by AcesAP »

Amb510 wrote:When did rescue65 get a new paint job and went to white to red instead off yellow or is it another chopper.

The standby chopper is an ex NSW ambulance one, for those that are interested...
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

AcesAP wrote:

The standby chopper is an ex NSW ambulance one, for those that are interested...
Saw it overfly Subi Oval yesterday approx last half of AFL match.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

richard omeara wrote:Seen on ch 7 news.Rescue 1.Picking up another ultralight pilot.
York Airshow... the things dont go so well for reeeeeally light aircraft in strong winds with wind breaks :P
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Nafenn wrote:
richard omeara wrote:Seen on ch 7 news.Rescue 1.Picking up another ultralight pilot.
York Airshow... the things dont go so well for reeeeeally light aircraft in strong winds with wind breaks :P

Actualy they were transporting 2 Drivers from an Off-Road racing event yesterday evening in Mogumber (North of Perth south of Moora) Race buggy rolled 6 times whilst travelling at 155Kmh and we called the chopper in as a precaution due to spinal concerns, Happy to say both driver and navigator released today slightly bruised and sore but otherwise all good.
one of fellow officals has actual footage of the cras and i am endevouring to have him upload as soon as possible
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Rescue 65 just landed at RPH.Dont know were theyve been.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Today, at 2:50pm, Rescue 65 is parked outside at its Jandakot base. Out the front are an ambulance, police car and TV station cars from Seven, Nine and Ten.

Camera crews are standing outside in the rain waiting for someone or something...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Some one was rescued of a boat near garden island.Isnt it great we have these people to risk there lives to save people that go out in this weather.
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

richard omeara wrote:Some one was rescued of a boat near garden island.Isnt it great we have these people to risk there lives to save people that go out in this weather.
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those who do not.
MBFB

Post by MBFB »

rescue 65 enroute to motorcycle accident new bunbury highway.. 1357
Amb510

Post by Amb510 »

Would that be the first crash on the new bunbury highway ?

At last its wide enough to land the chopper and less dangerous compared to the old coast road.
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

The first hi speed pursuit and subsequent crash occured the thursday before easter. The highway had not even opened...
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

Rescue 65 was flying very low over cottosloe and leighton beached today, late morning or early arvo.
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE