Staff shortages leave ambulance 000 calls unanswered

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Staff shortages leave ambulance 000 calls unanswered

Post by TheDoc »

bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

i knew the word munchy would come up there somewhere :lol:
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

So not enough call takers and not enough paramedics ouch thats going to hurt

Mining industry can look good for some paramedics if the works regular.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

i not allowed to do overtime until 3 months proby is up :(
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Well,

That media article will mean SJA will most likely recruit more people into the university program.. Good news for those wanting to get in!

(-:
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

munchkin1981 are you based in metro or do they allocated you over to country when your a student Ambulance Officer / Paramedic . Interested to know should I one day pluck up the courage to re-apply..
munchkin1981 wrote:i not allowed to do overtime until 3 months proby is up :(
Last edited by Kyle on Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

:D
Last edited by bomber on Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

munchkin is a call taker atm (if i pass tomorrows assessment) so i do both metro calls only and country calls/dispatch
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

the government should really step in and stop relying on a funded charity organisation to run the paramedic service.

Imagine if the police force was ran by a private charity that was then funded by the govt :(. there would be outrage!!.. why not with the ambulance service.

It is time they got rid of st johns, and made it or transformed it into the WA paramedic/ ambulance service just like nsw. And gave it the funding and training it deserved.
cat21

Post by cat21 »

And think of all the problems they'd have ...like Victoria and NSW...no service...no funding...

I think our system works well when there are enough people to take positions up.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Agreed woobla1, one day yes but its not an easy transformation.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

woobla1 wrote:the government should really step in and stop relying on a funded charity organisation to run the paramedic service.

Imagine if the police force was ran by a private charity that was then funded by the govt :(. there would be outrage!!.. why not with the ambulance service.

It is time they got rid of st johns, and made it or transformed it into the WA paramedic/ ambulance service just like nsw. And gave it the funding and training it deserved.
we do get the training wobbla its not as straight forward as taking details and hanging up
AussieFreelancer

Post by AussieFreelancer »

this is a pretty common problem I think in the more rural areas. Waroona is pretty rural, and there is really only a couple of people who are available regularly. However when patient transfers are required, these couple of people are the only ones to do that... so if there is an emergency while they are out, the call will most likely go to a neighbouring town, which could delay the arrival of help by up to 30mins, and with the area serviced by Waroona, that could mean waiting for up to an hour for an ambulance... crazy
Patrick TT
Check out the unofficial list of WA Sub Centres: www.waroonaambulance.com.au/subcentres
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Well if they answered the 000 line before telstra say to you hold the line lets try another number would be great...i wonder if they have daily KPI's with calls not answered and how fast they get answered.