NSW Paramedics Request Metal Detectors and Stun Guns

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

tango11

NSW Paramedics Request Metal Detectors and Stun Guns

Post by tango11 »

Received a e-mail from friend who's as a Paramedic in the eastern suburbs of Sydney.

It appears that the paramedics have had enough of being attacked by groups and indivduals whilst trying to attend to patients, this has lead to several members becoming patients themselves. With turn outs times for the police being rather slow at times even on cat a calls [p1s], so hence the request being made.

Having been in a similar situation myself, I can truely understand where they are coming from.
ST_DOC

Post by ST_DOC »

Yeah been there plenty times myself.
I have been in the belief of Paramedics wearing stab proof or bullet resistant vests for quite a while. The taser idea wouldnt be such a bad idea either at least its a weapon that allows time for the crews to escape.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

A swinging oxyviva (metal one) hurts knee caps :D
ST_DOC

Post by ST_DOC »

Funny that reminds me it was in the news a few months ago that while a person was being treated by SJA @ a rockingham nightclub, the POIs that had bashed the victim returned and proceeded to bash the patient with SJAs oxyviva!!!!
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

ST_DOC wrote: rockingham
Key Word Right There Doc.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

lol
rockingham clubs suck willy.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

You could p[ark an ambulance outside liquids (well not literally) and get a patient every fri sat night maybe 2 in summer hahaha.
Shank.ed

Post by Shank.ed »

Markmywords wrote:A swinging oxyviva (metal one) hurts knee caps :D
The maglights hurt aswell, especially if you have the long ones :)
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

It's just as bad at the leedy hotel on Wednesday/Sat nights.... - thankfully don't intend on using my Mag light - yes mine is a 3 x D cell Mag light - but I have both security and the Drug/Alcohol WAPOL guys/girls to lend me a hand when i have to patch up people with injuries resulting from brawls etc...
Shank.ed

Post by Shank.ed »

3-Cell are good, though inst there some 4-cell ones? I thought mine was a 4-cell but cant be arsed checking. There real handy when you have them being a pain in the arse and cant be fuc*ked getting the asp out. Which is out and BAM!

Would make a mess if you did it on the knee caps though!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Shank.ed wrote:3-Cell are good, though inst there some 4-cell ones? I thought mine was a 4-cell but cant be arsed checking. There real handy when you have them being a pain in the arse and cant be fuc*ked getting the asp out. Which is out and BAM!

Would make a mess if you did it on the knee caps though!
Yeah well... my aim is to provide basic first aid rather than inflict pain ;) - Self defense possibly, but yeah - I'll leave the action up to you ;)

It's great to have you on this forum.
G
Shank.ed

Post by Shank.ed »

Takes me back to my first ever arrest in Northbridge (1st day on the job) went to arrest a guy that was being a di*ckhead stuggle them wack I got hit by a fellow officers asp……. “woops / surly you know blue pants are the cops not blackâ€
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

[quote="Shank.ed"]Takes me back to my first ever arrest in Northbridge (1st day on the job) went to arrest a guy that was being a di*ckhead stuggle them wack I got hit by a fellow officers asp……. “woops / surly you know blue pants are the cops not blackâ€
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

bomber wrote:g,

you applying for this years intake ?.
Hey mate,

No - I was thinking about it... But don't think I'd get in - So, I guess I will continue with the VFAS (Volunteer First Aider with SJA) for this year - and get my Level 1 - Advanced First Aid.

I will strongly consider about getting in next year - But my sole aim is to become a Pilot for the Royal Flying Doctors, having all the experience in SJA will help me have the background.

G