XR8 Paramedic car

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

XR8 Paramedic car

Post by Tom »

Hi Fellas,

Anyone know who this belongs too? Saw it in the CBD earlier in the week.

rgds

Tom
tango11

Post by tango11 »

G'day Tom

Thats the 2nd Ford in the AlAS fleet, still some concerns whether or not it meets Australian standard.

Not like the Bluey Day Ambulance, the vehicle actually meets current Australian standards. Which will upset some forum viewers.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Howdy T11,

Thanks for that....it would look more at place at Barbargallo Raceway then driving around on the streets of Perth, bit of overkill for an Ambulance in my opinion....somebody is making too much $$$..

Where does that 'fat-boy' SJA Ambulance live also? I'm still yet to see it and grab some pics.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

That new Ambo that's rated for transporting people up to 350kgs.

From the pics I saw it looks like a US design.
tango11

Post by tango11 »

LOL....Fat boy......LOL

The vehicle was one of the original trial vehicles when the Saint started to change over to the Mercs, spent most of its time at Australind and Bunbury as a long haul Patient transfer vehicle. Its my understanding that the vehicle is based at central depot at the moment, although that could have changed.

Maybe Ambo8 could provide more info on its where abouts, although I have seen it at FH once, but not anywhere else Sth of the river.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

T11,

Was it that same one that SJA had back in 2000?

I remember seeing it come in a few times when I worked at SCGH...I seem to recall it had different markings on with orange.

Are their lots of fat folks in Bunbury and Australind??
tango11

Post by tango11 »

Bariatric (aka Fat Boy or Ice Cream Truck) Vehicle, yup the one in the same Tom, the vehicle had the original Red and White markings, then a trial was done with the Dayglow orange marking similar to the Highway Patrol cars it too faded.

The vehicle previous life before its conversion was one of a normal ambulance, it also saw service at Pinjarra depot as well.

Post by 5001020 »

As of last weekend it was at Belmont. I might be headed in there tomorow. If so and its still there ill grab a pic.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Tom wrote:Where does that 'fat-boy' SJA Ambulance live also? I'm still yet to see it and grab some pics.
It's not actually on the road as yet. Story wasn't meant to make the West as its still sitting at Belmont because it hasn't passed OSH and several other ratings :lol:
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

it was one of the prototypes for the mercs when they were first introduced introduced.

It did servoce in metro, quite a few depots, then went to mandurah. It became the spare at Bunbury/Asutralind, cause no one else would have it.

4 speed naturally aspirated diesel withg a top speed of 100 down a hill and with ur tounge held right . used to get pvertook all the time on P1.

Its now been modified into a bariatric truck. 350kg stretcher, hydrolic ramp & lifter for getting stretcher in, plus a barrage of specilised lifting and moving equipment for bigger people.

As for where it will be based, im guessing vic park, belmont hq or central.

One problem with it is its so tall not all the older depots can take it. i know its too big for roller doors at mandurah, freo.
Last edited by Ambul8 on Mon May 28, 2007 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I can confirm with you Tom, that she (one of) is parked at Belmont HQ - closest to staff car park - Next time im there, i'll snap her up for you - The body of this vehicle looks like an American EMT truck....

Cheers
G
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Is it in full SJA colours (green, white and red) MrG same as the Merc Sprinters?

Love a piccy MrG when you get a chance.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Tom wrote:Is it in full SJA colours (green, white and red) MrG same as the Merc Sprinters?

Absolutley sir - Full SJA colours BUT..... - It has Blue square strobes around - like an American EMT truck - but you'll see what I mean when i manage to get a pic for you - (I will try).....

Just so you know as well - the back of this truck has like a white tilt tray as well - kinda the same as a truck with a foldable steel tray... (white in colour)

Cheers
G
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Tom wrote:Is it in full SJA colours (green, white and red) MrG same as the Merc Sprinters?

When they did that story on it in The West about a month ago it included a large colour pic.

No rush to get pics of it at Belmont, its gonna be sitting there for a while to come yet :lol:
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx