XR8 Paramedic car

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I think ive seen that truck as well, i also saw a merc cab chassis with a module on it but was broken down on the graham farmer freeway a few months ago and had all blue lights on it no red with SJA logos on it ?

Is this the same truck were talking about or another one ?

Post by 5001020 »

didnt end up going in today because of the weather. As you say, its been there for a long time and dosnt look to be going anywhere soon. Though im a bit annoyed i didnt get a pic of it in the old orange colour scheme.

Cheers
Jason
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

tango11 wrote:G'day Tom

Thats the 2nd Ford in the AlAS fleet, still some concerns whether or not it meets Australian standard.

Not like the Bluey Day Ambulance, the vehicle actually meets current Australian standards. Which will upset some forum viewers.
Exactly what 'Australian Standard' ?? (ie for what?).
tango11

Post by tango11 »

Oooopsy my bad :oops:

I was imformed by another, that the WANTS vehicle's colour was to an Australian standard, but I am unable to confirm this, as the person concern is currently away.

I know and understand that are/were issues regarding the equipment used in the vehicle, it was also my understanding that those issues had been fixed?
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I think some of the guys were complaining the vehicle was too ""bright"" and didnt like driving it.

It meets standards i think the complains come from people driving it.
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

gkoutlis wrote:I can confirm with you Tom, that she (one of) is parked at Belmont HQ - closest to staff car park - Next time im there, i'll snap her up for you - The body of this vehicle looks like an American EMT truck....

Cheers
G
LOL, its actually kinda english in part, wheeled coach make it, they are based in USA. But this is the model that the LAS were using and this one was shipped from england. They must have aplant in england too,
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

Markmywords wrote:I think some of the guys were complaining the vehicle was too ""bright"" and didnt like driving it.

It meets standards i think the complains come from people driving it.
Well wat I heard thru the traps was that it wasnt like beacuse it gace less of an imptression of an ambulnace and more of an ice cream van impression.

Ive been lucky enufff not to have seen inside it but id assume it would be much the same as a standard truck, just set up for paeds?
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Sorry about the quallity.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_4NgtJS1JGA
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Not bad though millsy.

Hate the siren though would drive me nuts, where were they going do you know ?
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

nahh not sure mate. They were the first aid post at a show in settlers hills.

Then they took off Just before the end