New design NSW merc

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

New design NSW merc

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

well wont be able to miss it thats for sure, anyone know when SJA are putting a new merc bus on the road ? and will the design stay the same or different. Im guessing decals will be the same just curious if there going same layout for everything else.
tango11

Post by tango11 »

Geez not asking for much are ya....lol

Anyways in answer to your question!

The new vehicle want be seen on the road until the end of the year maybe, there will be significant changes to the interior of the vehicle, given that the new vehicle is larger than the previous vehicle.

Interior wise:

New communication center...gotta love that....new sigtec....all digital with GSP.....Metro radio and Country radio all in one, and a few other bits and bobs. Its about the same size as the Apple Tablet, or so i am told.

The cabinet on the nearside of the vehicle is also going, being replace with the NSW version of a workstation.

Thats about all i know at the moment about interior wise, the vehicle design committee are still sorting out OHS issues.

Exterior wise:

Decals and signage to stay the same....well for now!

New code 3 LED light bar.....reduced power....better display
Strobe system....changing to new low power...higher intesity....similar to the new strobing systems on the new HSR's and pumps FESA.

so i hope this solves a things for ya :)

keep ya posted on any further developments as they arise
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Dammit lol i knew i was asking too much....

Um i guess asking for trial pics is out of the question right ???

So whats going to happen the other sprinters sent to the bush or flogged off at auction ??
tango11

Post by tango11 »

In answer to ya question bomber, to start off with there will be 2 prototypes built with various modifications to layout of the internal fixtures, locker location etc.

The word is that the Saint will purchase a 5sp auto and a 6sp semi-auto version to compare them.

The new 6sp gearbox is far better than the previous version of it, the gear ratio is better suited for the conditions the vans have to perform under; in other words 1st and 2nd gearing is longer with better control of the clutchplate release.

Upon agreement between all parties, the Saint should be purchasing the new vans somewhere around late november early december, but things change, it could be earlier(highly unlikely).

10 vans in the first lot, also depends on when the coach builders can get tooled up.

The oldest of the vans will be decomissioned, then sold at auction, none will be sent to regional areas.

Most country depots, still have the E250 7.2lt, these are being replaced with some revamped metro vans or the last of M3 Merc vans being built in country mode.

Gotta love the E250....more power.....rather hit a roo in the ford at 110kms than a Merc.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Mt Barker have 2 Mercs and a Ford. Will get the pics up soon.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

WPXZBP wrote:Mt Barker have 2 Mercs and a Ford. Will get the pics up soon.
Where abouts in mt barker are they. Have been down there a bit on way to albany and havent seen the depot. Seen the frs though
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Ambos are between the Police and Red Cross & BankWest, on Langton Road. It runs on the western side of, and parallel to, Lowood Road, the main street on which the fire station is located.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Train 1st/3rd Mon, meet after training 1st Mon.

Did a hazmat drill with SJA and SES last night. Guess who was one of the bunnies in the splash suit and BA? :lol:
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Cheers mate! Would love a tour.

Now... back to our regular scheduled program. :)
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Tango11 sounds like your in the know abit :D

Cheers for that info anyways.

Just in mentioning the F350 (new series) that they actually NOW dont meet australian emission requirements (cab chassis only) so inregards to licensing there is a bit of a problem. Vic mas and vic rav have 6 in fleet in total and recently started disposing of them due to that fact one sold at auction recently as is was pretty cheap at that.

My 5 cents anyways :D