New design NSW merc

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

WPXZBP

You may be able to clarify this but doesnt kojunup have a newish ford 350 or the like.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Bussellton have a new f350 which they paid for out of there own subcentre funds i know when they did this caused a bit of a stir because they didnt go through "P & W", have seen this out and about on my trips down south.

I dont know why the difference and the c/c doesnt meet the requirements but the other models do, but i believe ford are fixing this problem and are expected in australia in 2008 "apprantley"
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

bomber wrote:WPXZBP

You may be able to clarify this but doesnt kojunup have a newish ford 350 or the like.
Dunno mate... every time I drive past the sub-centre it's shut. I'll keep my eyes open though. :)
tango11

Post by tango11 »

Markmywords wrote:Bussellton have a new f350 which they paid for out of there own subcentre funds i know when they did this caused a bit of a stir because they didnt go through "P & W", have seen this out and about on my trips down south.
The above mentioned vehicle is no longer part of the Busselton fleet, in fact the Busselton committee purchased another vehicle from QLD only newer, both vehicles have been removed from the depot. The problem with the second vehicle was it was over the weight limit allowed for A class drivers, there have been some problems down there concerning the actions of the committee in regards to the purchase.

The vehicle is classfied by Ford as a E-350, purpose built at a plant in Sth America (Right hand drive) then shipped to QLD for the Pantech body to be fitted. There was a problem with the skirt on the joint between the vehicle and the Pantech, this problem has been corrected.

Its interesting to note that P&W, are still advertising the same vehicle for sale on their new website, they are also now selling a 4x4 LJ 40 LWB (troopie with arse end cut off) with the same Pantech body fitted.

GMC has been busy in the last couple of months redesigning their Rural Ambulance design, the current design is used by QLD Ambulance service in their rural fleet; the contract is now under reveiw, hence GMC is looking to improve the performance of the vehicle.

Austral trucks in QLD is also looking at the contract, they built the old HRT which was at Os park, then Perth.

Freightliner Australia are also looking at developing a ambulance based on their light weight emergency vehicle design.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

P & W advertised there falcon ute ambulance for years even after they stopped making it at the end of the AU series lol.

Pantech body ? im assuming you mean the body fitted by superior industries, and your right P & W brought the body from superior as part of some deal, based on that they didnt infringe on any copyright design in regards to the patient care compartment.

My mate works RAV MICA and they lost there F350 as it got canned less than 100.000klms on it straight to auction and MAS ditched one with even less on straight to auction and sold for something stupid. There are still 4 floating around in the sticks though. Nice beast to drive though.Jakab actually built the first modular body for RAV back in 1997 and they went bust in 2000 superior built a few for RAV but only a couple, ETT in NSW/VIC refurbised the old module when the GMC was removed and fitted with the F350.

ETT have a little story on the refurbishment of the modular body on there website and also mader internation did refurbishment for both RAV & MAS
tango11

Post by tango11 »

With nothing much else happeing on a very wet Sunday arvo and being all coffeed out, no footy, having re-read the sunday times, also not having the ability to have a nap without it going longer than 40mins.

Decide to read some of the old circulars.

Well there ya go, when I thought that had read them all, I discover a interesting items concerning the purchase of a fulltime 4wd Merc van, thoughts running through my brain, well it could be good for those depots with either loads of beaches or logging trails. Then thoughts of the height of the vehicle, center of gravity, width of the vehicle; with some fire trails just wide enough for LTs.

Then the cost of the vehicle.....$150k plus.....oh well nice dream
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Someone posted not long ago they were getting one i think someone from wydndam ? i think did P & W make any ?
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Kununurra has one on order (if it hasn't arrived already)

Also been told the trial 4WD Merc which was sent to Port Headland has spent more time off the road with repairs to transmission etc than it has on the road :? real duds is the word.
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

the problem with the busselton ford box was that it wasnt tested to the same standards as the old fords and new mercs, which have been specifically engineered to hold the equipment steady in a crash. To 21Kn.

From having seens bussons beast im not sure i'd want 5 kg of heartsrat 400 coming at me in a crash, let alone the rest of the crap they carry
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage