New Home for Rescue 65

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

gkoutlis

New Home for Rescue 65

Post by gkoutlis »

Hi all,

Noticed this yesterday as I was about to line up for take off on Runway 24R - for a solo flight - and noticed Rescue 65 has a new permanent home - its just off the Northen end of Runway 24R - Its a huge blue hangar - and noticed her as she took off from her old landing site, and landed on her designated pad outside that hangar.... - So anyone going to Jandakot - Look in the direction of the tower - Towards Runway 24R and you'll see it :)
Aztech

Re: New Home for Rescue 65

Post by Aztech »

gkoutlis wrote:Hi all,

Noticed this yesterday as I was about to line up for take off on Runway 24R - for a solo flight - and noticed Rescue 65 has a new permanent home - its just off the Northen end of Runway 24R - Its a huge blue hangar - and noticed her as she took off from her old landing site, and landed on her designated pad outside that hangar.... - So anyone going to Jandakot - Look in the direction of the tower - Towards Runway 24R and you'll see it :)
Whats your Callsign Gkoutlis?
And what school are you flying with?
I'll say hi to you next time your on Ground =)
Im usually in India Golf Xray or India Golf Yankee =)
gkoutlis

Re: New Home for Rescue 65

Post by gkoutlis »

Aztech wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Hi all,

Whats your Callsign Gkoutlis?
And what school are you flying with?
I'll say hi to you next time your on Ground =)
Im usually in India Golf Xray or India Golf Yankee =)
Gidday mate, - Your call sign is very familiar - I've heard it a couple of times.... - I have been recently flying (Yankee November Alpha) - DA-20 Diamond Eclipse from The Aeroplane Company - right next door to the new Police Airwing Hangar that houses Polair 62 (Cessna) and the newy Pilatus PC-12. ;)

So yeah, please do keep an eye out for me, I am on track to get my GFPT - having completed my Training Area Review by a high ranking Instructor who also happens to fly for the Royal Flying Doctor Service - My next flight, 12:30pm Sunday 15th April - (Briefing) - then Take-off at around 1pm-1:30pm - perhaps going into the training area again :D
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Just a quick note for all other Pilots who fly at Jandakot.... When ever Rescue65 is arriving or departing from its new location..... Watch out for the dust etc that it kicks up as you approach Final on Runway 24R - Not sure what its like when you take off from Runway 06L - But I'm hoping management from Jandakot Airport Holdings will lay some road base or something to stop the "dust storm" as she takes off or lands....

Let me know what you guys encounter....

G