SJAA Bods

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Yes eventually i will be (again for thje 2nd time) worked both netcom and emerg from 1997 to 2001
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

SJA Volunteer here :) Qualified PAC, soon to be AAC, not bad for 19 eh :P
cat21

Post by cat21 »

VFAS and Volly AAC here

also done a stint with Volly Bushfires when I lived in the country...not any more though
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

cat21 wrote:VFAS and Volly AAC here

also done a stint with Volly Bushfires when I lived in the country...not any more though
VFAS stirlng and Volly ACC at pinjarra?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

vfas - prospective RFDS pilot - Western Operations
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
sja1337

Post by sja1337 »

Paid OFA / Vfas for 15years
tango11

Post by tango11 »

Volunteer

LMAO@ ALA

Seen the new ute.....mmmmmmh so have the 84's as she ran a red light

Head down,Bum Up
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Tango11

Was it on an emergency call or normal driving conditions ?

Looks like a FESA truck than anything maybe private fire fighting in the future
Last edited by Markmywords on Fri May 25, 2007 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
tango11

Post by tango11 »

In answer to your first question: nope normal road....not nearly as funny as following the new(old)merc down the road...red and blues on...passing traffic...then off again...then on again...mmmmmmh what are they doing was the question posed.

Paramedic driving had a bit of explaining to do.....Bunbury Supt in unmarked very nice looking xr6...red for those 84 spotting...with bunbury number plates......black sun shades.......driving to mandurah...saw this little event take place.......what i would have given to be a fly on that window.

Nope
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Thats very interesting to note that though :D maybe bring it up in the ALAS thread i think a couple of there guys go there hear n there, its with interest that they dont actually have permission to have those devices on the ute or xr sedan, and the decals on the mercs dont actually meet australian standards.
ST_DOC

Post by ST_DOC »

How do you know that they dont have permission to have the emergency devices installed? I couldnt imagine anyone knowing if they did or didnt unless you owned ALAS or worked for the RTA.

Also have you seen the merc colour scheme totally different to the pics in the ALAS thread. Looks similar to the MAS mercs so i dont know how they wouldnt meet AUS standards and yes it is the diamond grade. The merc pictured at barbagallo raceway was only temp markings due to it not being ready for the race meeting. So i was told.

On many occasions i have seen SJA WAPOL FRS BFS conduct the same practice of clearing traffic. Not legal i know but it is a common practice not limited to what Tango11 observed.

Not a good practice for the ute to be running a red but if there were no lights/siren it would come down to driver error or lack of observation. Obviously the driver should be counselled about this. They should ring ALAS up and make a complaint. No point bitching about it unless you do something about it.

my 2cs anyway
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

St doc its who you know and not what you know, and yes you dont have to work for the RTA or ALAS to find out anyone can find out if you ring the right person.

Well i saw a alas merc the other day so unless someone is running around being alas it looked the same to me this was not even 2 weeks ago.

There decals are "kinda" the same as MAS but not exactley the same but either way the vehicle i saw didnt look like it.

My 10c
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Markmywords wrote:
My 10c
We're up to about $22.50 now mate :lol:
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Millsy wrote:
Markmywords wrote:
My 10c
*runs in and grabs money jar* Woooohoooo I'm rich!!!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

Tyranus wrote:
Millsy wrote:
Markmywords wrote:
My 10c
*runs in and grabs money jar* Woooohoooo I'm rich!!!

trips u and sits on and claims u fell hands back the money jar
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)