Active channels ?

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Domestos

Active channels ?

Post by Domestos »

Hello all, having recently moved here from Victoria I have to start again - having collected all the lists I can find I have been able to find most active freqs of interest but for the local Ambulance service, can anyone suggest as to what frequencies I should have entered for the Eaton/Bunbury area ?
I have been monitoring the following,

John
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: Active channels ?

Post by Zebedee »

Domestos wrote:Hello all, having recently moved here from Victoria I have to start again - having collected all the lists I can find I have been able to find most active freqs of interest but for the local Ambulance service, can anyone suggest as to what frequencies I should have entered for the Eaton/Bunbury area ?
I have been monitoring the following,

John

John,

Try scanning the range from 78.6500 MHz to 80.7450 MHz inclusive. That seems to be the band that St John use in Perth, hopefully they'll use a similar range in Bunbury.

If you haven't already looked, check out the frequency list mentioned in the first post of the sticky'd thread in this section of the forums. That'll give you the complete list as we know it so far...
Rusty_Nail
Amateur callsign: WYC681
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UH090 Uhf - Base Station
UH076sx - Handheld 5W Uhf
UH075 - Handheld 5W Uhf
Pearce Simpson Super Cheetah - AM, LSB and USB 27Mhz
Uniden Bearcat Handheld Scanner
Uniden Bearcat Base Station Scanner

Post by Rusty_Nail »

Some around the mandurah area use 70mhz - 80mhz band and also some use frequencies in around the 413mhz band. Not sure what they use in bunbury but I'd imagine it would be similar.

Just do a search around those frequencies I rekon, should come up with some activity... be warned it's not the most exciting stuff... :?

I don't get much activity from st johns ambulance at all, very little.
Don't really understand the system they use. they have repeaters and that sort of thing i think..

Like I'll get "pinjarra priority job 2 in waroona" and short messages like that, but no real "action" like details of the job etc. Any one know the frequncies that have the actual job details?
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Rusty_Nail wrote: Like I'll get "pinjarra priority job 2 in waroona" and short messages like that, but no real "action" like details of the job etc. Any one know the frequncies that have the actual job details?

It's sent on the seperate data channel that is connected to the Ambos' job display screens. FESA do the similar thing, except the voice and data channels are combined on their system.

Not easily decodable AFAIK.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Active channels

Post by doogues71 »

i've listened when they have had a power cut at HQ here in Perth and you get to hear everything.But unfortunely it doesn't happen very often.The frequency I listen to is 412.4750 but don't know if it will work down in Bunbury
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Active channels

Post by vk6hgr »

doogues71 wrote:i've listened when they have had a power cut at HQ here in Perth and you get to hear everything.But unfortunely it doesn't happen very often.The frequency I listen to is 412.4750 but don't know if it will work down in Bunbury
Depends how good your antenna is... should be able to get the Pinjarra SJA repeater from Bunbury with one with a decent amount of gain :-)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
wayne
Scanners and Receivers: Funcube SDR Dongle Pro+
20 Meter Long Wire.

SJA

Post by wayne »

I've been using a scanner user here for about 20 years and since the local SJA all moved to the 78.650Mhz to 78.7625Mhz band i rarely hear any action now, no where near as much as i used to.
The Busselton SJA are quite active on 474.775Mhz which is also linked to a Capel channel on 412.750Mhz
Do hear Bunbury rarely on 413.850Mhz//404.400Mhz - maybe they use mobile phones most of the time like the cops do here.
I often hear the police say, that they need another ambo or they want to cancel one that has already been sent, but i never hear any communications on any SJA freq's advising of the same, so i think they must use mobile phones or freq's outside my scanner coverage ?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys - apart from 412.475 - are there any other "Active" frequencies for SJA that you guys hear bits and pieces? I know they dont give full details on air - but anything decent will be appreciated.

PS - Keeping in mind that i live in South Perth and work around the Bentley area - anything good North & South of the River?
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vk6hgr »

gkoutlis wrote:Guys - apart from 412.475 - are there any other "Active" frequencies for SJA that you guys hear bits and pieces? I know they dont give full details on air - but anything decent will be appreciated.
They hvae a few simplex channels but otherwise everything goes over their linked 412Mhz channel.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR