Ambo incident and job data streaming to the trucks.

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

Ambo incident and job data streaming to the trucks.

Post by slipknot »

Has anyone noticed that on some ambulance frequencies that there are data transmission sounds after an annoucer says "melvile priority 3"?
i belvie that it may be some job and incident data being sent to a ambualce truck with some sort of a monitor infront of the ambulance driver.

if so , would there be a way of reading this data with some sort of a sound decoder.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: Ambo incident and job data streaming to the trucks.

Post by vk6hgr »

slipknot wrote:Has anyone noticed that on some ambulance frequencies that there are data transmission sounds after an annoucer says "melvile priority 3"?
This isn't data, it's Selcall. The job data goes out on a separate UHF network (or used to, maybe they use mobiles these days like the firies)

There are two causes for the Selcall sound to be sent. One is ANI, which identifies each radio after transmission with it's individual number. All the SJA radios appear to have Selcall enabled which makes them rather irritating to monitor...

The other reason is if SJA base want to raise the attention of a crew, they'll send a Selcall to that radio which opens the radio mute (if off) allowing the message to be heard.

If you listen carefully you can hear two groups of Selcall when this happens. The first group is the base calling, followed quickly by the mobile responding with it's own number in acknowledgement.

The only software I know of that can decode it is Wintone, and I haven't seen an up to date version for years. If you find software to decode it, the SJA Selcall seems to be 60ms CCIR.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Ambulance audio is on ch1, Transport (PTV's) audio is on ch2 and the data sent to the sigtec's in the vehicles is a ch in the 30's. Either 31 or 39 by memory :wink: .
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vk6hgr »

ZO100_marto wrote:Ambulance audio is on ch1, Transport (PTV's) audio is on ch2 and the data sent to the sigtec's in the vehicles is a ch in the 30's. Either 31 or 39 by memory :wink: .
Happen to have a channel/frequency map handy? :)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

yes, interesting, i found a site with shitloads of ham radio programs, all with differnt deconding metords which suggests that there are loads.so say i hear some sort of data tranmision noises, how can i determine what type of format it is so i can decode it?

thats if you know the answer.
Last edited by slipknot on Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vk6hgr »

slipknot wrote:yes, interesting, i found a site with shitloads of ham radio programs, so say i hear some sort of data tranmision noises, how can i determine what type of format it is so i can decode it?
Experience, trial and error... :lol:
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

goodness knows why you would want to know.....
who has vomited
who cant shit
who cant piss
who needs to go for an xray
who has chest pain
who cant breath

that kinda just defies me, i mean that some real personal shit you are trying to decode. I would kind of think that goes against everything that this site is about - being responsible scanning. Im pretty sure that the data is encoded for a reason???????

:D
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

cant - you --- pee ------ properly?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Ambul8 wrote:I would kind of think that goes against everything that this site is about - being responsible scanning.
There is nothing wrong with decoding data packets over a publicly scannable radio network, therefore it doesn't violate the "responsible scanning" ethos of this site.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

did i ever mention that i love this site. :D
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

Zebedee wrote:
Ambul8 wrote:I would kind of think that goes against everything that this site is about - being responsible scanning.
There is nothing wrong with decoding data packets over a publicly scannable radio network, therefore it doesn't violate the "responsible scanning" ethos of this site.
I think the average tom would agree that we all know what is being sent as data over the ambulance network. And we all know it IS confidential issue.

Im wondering Zebedee, if you would change your tune if Slipknot was reading on the decoded data all about how you were assaulted by your missus who bit off the end of your ol fella and stabbed u in the gut?

I mean i listen to wat goes on just like everyone else, but decoding data from ambos and the police for that matter seems a bit wrong. some nasty stuff happens to people out there and in their hour of need i just see it as being wrong to read all about it
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Ambul8 wrote: I think the average tom would agree that we all know what is being sent as data over the ambulance network. And we all know it IS confidential issue.
You are of course entitled to your opinion, however my previous post was meant to be a clarification of what is considered acceptable discussion material for this site.

The discussion decoding data packets on any radio network that is legal to scan, is considered on-topic for this site (obviously in the relevant section depending on what's being scanned).

However, posting details about people's sentitive medical information in this section (whether from decoded data or from voice transmissions) would be considered bad form and would result in the post being removed once it was brought to the attention of a moderator or admin.

I hope this clarifies the issue. Should any member want to discuss this further, please send me a private message with your concerns.

Regards,
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

Dear slipknot

I would just like to say I fully support your endeavour, as I too have offen pondered whether it would be possible.

Regards

Kinetic
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

:D Thankyou, that makes it all worth while.
mind you down here in the country you dont get too many data transmitions, there is one coming from some western power depo i think. wouldnt mind trying to decode that data but im still trying to find a program. if anyone can suggest one that would be appreciated.
Thankyou.