New ambulance siren

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eYJq8ok8ySI&NR=1
The alien ambo from holland or something with the weird light positions.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Lol.. Not surprised if people didn't chase the Ambulance going ICE CREAM!!!..

Sounds European could be a french siren.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Cameras in Ambulances

Post by Kyle »

Hey all,

Just wondering what your guys & girls thoughts were on Cameras in Ambulances.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=J84dm5xRyXk

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=LLqw5ncxsQE

So any for or against reasons for Cameras in Ambulances?

I myself are for them. It may help with training and catch out those whom refuse to move for a vehicle on lights and sirens

Do Metro SJA Ambulances have cameras fitted to catch out these individuals whom fail to provide a uninterrupted path for the Ambulance.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Cameras in Ambulances

Post by munchkin1981 »

Kyle wrote:Hey all,

Just wondering what your guys & girls thoughts were on Cameras in Ambulances.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=J84dm5xRyXk

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=LLqw5ncxsQE

So any for or against reasons for Cameras in Ambulances?

I myself are for them. It may help with training and catch out those whom refuse to move for a vehicle on lights and sirens

Do Metro SJA Ambulances have cameras fitted to catch out these individuals whom fail to provide a uninterrupted path for the Ambulance.

no they don't have cameras
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

hey guys bit off topic but dont know where else to put it without starting a new one. In the last week i have seen 3 st john ambulances go through intersections, on 2 occasions a red light with lights flashing but no siren. was just wondering if there was a protocol they had to follow or not because with the bush vollies we have to have siren on all the time with beacons going. cheers for any help
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Totally bizarre maybe the siren was broken
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

[quote="Smithy"]hey guys bit off topic but dont know where else to put it without starting a new one. In the last week i have seen 3 st john ambulances go through intersections, on 2 occasions a red light with lights flashing but no siren. was just wondering if there was a protocol they had to follow or not because with the bush vollies we have to have siren on all the time with beacons going. cheers for any help[/quote] siren mus be on.
this has been discussed previously. was it at night or during the day
gcs of 3
yorky

Post by yorky »

I've also seen an ambo with siren on, but no lights what so ever during the DAY through a busy red light. Can the siren be activated but not the lights?
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

PFO wrote:
Smithy wrote:hey guys bit off topic but dont know where else to put it without starting a new one. In the last week i have seen 3 st john ambulances go through intersections, on 2 occasions a red light with lights flashing but no siren. was just wondering if there was a protocol they had to follow or not because with the bush vollies we have to have siren on all the time with beacons going. cheers for any help
siren mus be on.
this has been discussed previously. was it at night or during the day
twice during day and once on sunset
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

The light and siren button are seperate and any P1 must have both activated at all times (but the 3am call in the morning you'll see lights on only and sirens activated at a red light/stop sign etc) FESA/WAPOL anytime day or night if its a emergency call ive always seen them with them on (my house is to the back of a major rd and hear fesa at least once a night after 12am screeming down)
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

[quote="Markmywords"]The light and siren button are seperate and any P1 must have both activated at all times (but the 3am call in the morning you'll see lights on only and sirens activated at a red light/stop sign etc) FESA/WAPOL anytime day or night if its a emergency call ive always seen them with them on (my house is to the back of a major rd and hear fesa at least once a night after 12am screeming down)[/quote] couldnt have put it better myself. :D
gcs of 3
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

thanks guys. had a feeling that it needed to be on while the lights were going just needed to clarify. its just weird that the last 3 ambulances i have seen under priority had no noise
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Where they sja ambulances or alas ? maybe the alas sirens were broken :lol:
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

hahaha nah they were SJA
padfoot

Post by padfoot »

Ambulances are allowed to travel priority 1 without sirens as these do affect some patients eg heart complaints.

I am sure this was clarified earlier by Kyle??? maybe under a different thread???