Rescue 65 - in the air

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Fastlane i am lead to believe that any MVA transport is billed to SGIC and im guessing based on what the cost from air495/careflight from over east charge it would be quite expensive, any hospital transfer would be billed to the health department and anyother reason would be billed customer or ambulance fund.

I mean if you had an accident on a farm and got airlifted to RPH and had no ambulance fund/private health cover you would prob get a bill....a huge one at that but im only guessing at that and basing it on other state billing services.

But im sure FESA must get a % from sja somehow or what
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

:D
Last edited by bomber on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

gkoutlis wrote:
HEKTIK wrote:Spotted the RAC Rescue chopper landing and taking off from RPH on thursday about 1230. Dam that thing is loud in the city! feel sorry for the patients near the landing pad. Looked like quite a tight squeeze also. Ill take some photos next time i catch it in action there. Anyone know what/where the mission was from?
Actually, from a senior nurse who I know that works at RPH - the ward directly underneath the landing pad - is actually the "Spinal" ward - and from what she tells me, the sound isn't that bad at all - as this ward is more heavily insulated(sound proofed) from the pending chopper noise, above...

G
Yes You're right.. the ward below and on the same level as the heli-pad is the Spinal trauma unit.

3 weeks ago my cousin broke his neck playing football and he was admitted to Spinal Trauma @ RPH. When we went in to visit him i went out onto the roof right next to the helipad and about 10 mins later the bird landed. looud as all hell out there but when i went back to my cousins room (literally 15m down the hall from the helipad door) you could barely hear a thing. The place is really well sound proofed. It'd be pretty bad if it was loud inside because that bird lands at all hours and if ur in spinal trauma, its not like you can just get up and shut the door.. :P