Rescue 65 - in the air

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Rescue 65 - in the air

Post by Ambul8 »

Just heard over 6DS:

"Rescue 65 to 6DS. in the air from Jandokot send job details to MDT."

Wonder where they are off to. Have only been half listening.
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

Well it just flew over my place in Morley, so that means they are heading North.
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
yorky

Post by yorky »

Heard a chopper go past in Kingsley so yeah northbound. Thought it was polair 61 but I think thats still out of action.
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

I heard it in Marangaroo I too thought it was Pol air any one find out where it was heading?
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

Ahhhh, but there is no mistaking the distinct sound of a Huey....
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Would anyone be kind enough to post a pic of the rac with blades new jandakot depot if there out that way :D i believe its on the left side instead of right.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

:D
Last edited by bomber on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tango11

Post by tango11 »

Rescue 65, is considered to be part of the FESA, even though it is staffed by SJA Paramedics,CCH contract is with FESA, the chopper can be tasked by FESA so hence they are required to inform 6AR that they are turning out, this also allows the FRS units to make contact with 65 to confirm the LZ.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

:D
Last edited by bomber on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

bomber wrote:Understand that but was wondering if anyone knew why they were heading to northam. Sorry for confusion
Hey mate - Just to answer your question, they had an airlift from there - from what i've been told, she flew back to Charlies with a spinal. Hope this helps.
G 8)
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

If anyone is interested, there is a feature on Rescue 65 / FESA Rescue 1 in the lates RAC Road Patrol.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

So my question is....when the bills go out who does the money go to.

LIke ie" rescue 65 does a retrieval from a T/A down south SGIC gets billed of course do the funds go to sja or fesa ? or if its a rescue is that classed as a fesa job ?
HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

Spotted the RAC Rescue chopper landing and taking off from RPH on thursday about 1230. Dam that thing is loud in the city! feel sorry for the patients near the landing pad. Looked like quite a tight squeeze also. Ill take some photos next time i catch it in action there. Anyone know what/where the mission was from?
Perth Online Police Scanner

http://waix.net:8000

RIP
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Markmywords wrote:So my question is....when the bills go out who does the money go to.

LIke ie" rescue 65 does a retrieval from a T/A down south SGIC gets billed of course do the funds go to sja or fesa ? or if its a rescue is that classed as a fesa job ?
The cost of the Helicopter is paid for by FESA (as they hold the contract with CHC Helicopters), so you'd expect the money would go to FESA with an agreed portion to SJA for the services of their paramedic ?

On that note though, is the Helicopter even a user-pays service like ambulance transport? I haven't seen anything mentioned about this anywhere..
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

HEKTIK wrote:Spotted the RAC Rescue chopper landing and taking off from RPH on thursday about 1230. Dam that thing is loud in the city! feel sorry for the patients near the landing pad. Looked like quite a tight squeeze also. Ill take some photos next time i catch it in action there. Anyone know what/where the mission was from?
Actually, from a senior nurse who I know that works at RPH - the ward directly underneath the landing pad - is actually the "Spinal" ward - and from what she tells me, the sound isn't that bad at all - as this ward is more heavily insulated(sound proofed) from the pending chopper noise, above...

G