SJA Ambo pics

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

SJA Ambo pics

Post by Tom »

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Seen at the Dowerin Field Day today.

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Last edited by gkoutlis on Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Cheers... Tom has some awesome ones too.
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

I wish I had of knowen about the field day I would have love to have gone to it but I am working. Nice area I went down there for the xmas celebrations they had down there last year with the Y.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Tom,

Got any pics of the new Forrester with the slim LEDS bar light? (have heard it replaced one of the toyota 4WDs)
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

As you can see no one in the vehicle wanted to appear in the pic :lol:

Looks like it doesn't take much Mercedes technology to get bogged :wink:
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

WP I take it you were at the Dowerin Field day,

Did you see our boys from Main Roads?
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
madmikey

Post by madmikey »

They still have the strobe light bars on the front??? I remember our first Priority call we got after we gout or new merc the light bar ripped off, that why they went to the beacons...
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

The old line of strobes along the top of the front window (which was the light bar on the original MKIV Merc Ambulance [the 312 and early 316 sprinters] when it was released) has long beern abandoned in favour of the Code 360 lightbar, which, gives a much visible and safer profile to traffic.

The pic you see of "old Ambulance 01" is just that. From memory, I dont think there is any more of these older vans left in the Metro fleet.

You may still see some of these older syle lights in the country, where the first of the "new Merc's" have been pensioned off.
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

The new Subaru seen at QEII

Full LED slim line light bar, looks sweet with high visability during the day. Not sure of the brand though, no markings at all on the unit.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

ZO100_marto wrote: Full LED slim line light bar, looks sweet with high visability during the day. Not sure of the brand though, no markings at all on the unit.
Looks like a Code-3 Excalibur with only the lower 'deck'. Some of the TEG cars have them.

WTF at the mag mount antenna with the cable running in the back door!

That ambulance that was bogged up further.. arent the Mercedes' AWD?
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Hey all, new to the forum..

I am currently an SJA volunteer up North, we have two Merc's at the moment, one with the old strobe lightbar which we got pensioned off!! Lucky us only 200,000k's on it lol! We're actually in the process of getting a brand new Mercedes Ambulance to trial, excepts its a 5spd Manual and 4WD. Looks basically the same as the current mercs except is a fair bit higher and has way better ground clearance. Will post up some pics when It finally arrives. If any other pics are wanted or you need to ask me anything feel free to ask :)
Last edited by Schism_ on Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Froggles

Post by Froggles »

Welcome to the forum Schism_.

I wouldn't mind seeing those pics when you get them. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Take care.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

WARSUG Public Transport Moderator
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

ZO100_marto wrote:Image

The new Subaru seen at QEII

Full LED slim line light bar, looks sweet with high visability during the day. Not sure of the brand though, no markings at all on the unit.

This was at the NYE Celebrations on the mandurah foreshore. Rocked up on a P1 followed by 2 Ambos P1. 1 Male Got beat by a women. Into a pole. Women was then assulted by another male.