rescue 65

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

While in and around the metro area it uses the same channel as the ambulances (UHF) but once out of range switches over to VHF and depending on which area its heading to as to what channel it uses.

It has about a 200km radius without having to refuel.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

ZO100_marto,

Thankyou so much for the input - Welcome on Board - and hope i can help in the near future.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Not too sure, my step dad is security at royal perth and he gets to greet the guys as they land, too bad they only have a single monitor (which is in a really bad spot) in case if the chopper catches fire or crashes into the building, they also only have fire fighting gear for only one of the security guards too!!!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Hey guys,

Just to let you know - that this week - Rescue1 - has been out and about alot - One mission especially i heard on one of the SJA frequencies - that they were flying to Augusta for a airwinch rescue.

Did you guys here anything similar?
Irish

Post by Irish »

gkoutlis wrote:Hey guys,

Just to let you know - that this week - Rescue1 - has been out and about alot - One mission especially i heard on one of the SJA frequencies - that they were flying to Augusta for a airwinch rescue.

Did you guys here anything similar?
Only thing found on the Agusta mission was whales :(
Pelican

Post by Pelican »

Anyone hear what the chopper went to last night?
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

Rescue chopper just flew over heading towards RPH.Followed closely by the channel seven chopper anybody heard anything?
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

Probably the trail bike crash in Henderson.
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

Yeah thanks Steve was hoping to find out BEFORE the 6 o'clock news.They must have been traveling quite fast for someone to be killed instintly though.
spacy250

Post by spacy250 »

G-day Guys

Im not sure that the chopper has its own frequency. I think it just uses the same as the ambulances to 6DS and normal aircraft frequncies. The chopper, Bell 412 is owned by CHC (Canadian Helicopter Corporation) the old Lloyds helicopters which is leased by FESA and maned by St John Ambulance Critical Care Paramedics, 1 crewman and pilot from CHC. CHC also have the contract at Pearce for the RAAF for Search and Rescue which they use a S76 helicopter, which they also use for the St Johns/FESA Chopper when the 412 is down.
wascanner

Post by wascanner »

Very Interesting. By the way at Jandakot do the Heli Tankers & Polair 61 use the same shed as rescue 1[/img]
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Nuh They All Have There Own Hangers ...
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

JUST SEEN RESCUE 65 FLY OVER HEAD TOWARD RPH.HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

spacy250 wrote: Im not sure that the chopper has its own frequency. I think it just uses the same as the ambulances to 6DS and normal aircraft frequncies.
I've also heard it often on 6AR/6IP frequencies especially when attending road accidents and will often sign off with them before heading to a local FESA VHF channel to communicate with the ground.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

doogues71 wrote:JUST SEEN RESCUE 65 FLY OVER HEAD TOWARD RPH.HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING.
God forbid you may have missed something!