Building schedule way behind!

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Building schedule way behind!

Post by ZO100_marto »

Was just reading a SJA bulletin and noticed that they're soooo far behind in building new depots that the new 24hr paramedic ambulance due to start at Morley at the end of this month is going to be based at Landsdale till the END OF 2008 because thats when they expect to have Morley's new station complete.

Handy that considering Morley would be in the top 3 for busiest and Landsdale would be in the top 3 for quietest!

:shock:
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Yep heard the standards are pretty poor and resources are crap. Put it this way, I've heard the new fire stations being built include secure compounds, undercover parking, rec area (like table tennis or pool table) big screen tv's, ADSL.....the list goes on and on!
St John's have none of this in any stations, still on dial-up and have 50cm tv's :shock:

As for the stations, Morley to be rebuilt, Midland expanded, new Murdoch, new Secret Harbour, new Kwinana, Relocation of Rockingham to next to hosp and relocation of Nedlands to another location at QE2.

And the common comment I've heard inrelation to all this, "management wonder why morale is so low and staff are leaving"

marto
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

mind you, the ambos spend way less time on station than the water faries, so is it really needed.

a bed and a spot to eat tea is fine by me lol
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

ZO100_marto wrote:Yep heard the standards are pretty poor and resources are crap. Put it this way, I've heard the new fire stations being built include secure compounds, undercover parking, rec area (like table tennis or pool table) big screen tv's, ADSL.....the list goes on and on!
St John's have none of this in any stations, still on dial-up and have 50cm tv's :shock:
Alot of this stuff is picked up by the Firefighter's Union Social Club I believe.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Some of the depots are old look at the freo depot for a start, st johns r tight ass's with there funds and they get enough money no doubt about that
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

ZO100_marto wrote:Yep heard the standards are pretty poor and resources are crap. Put it this way, I've heard the new fire stations being built include secure compounds, undercover parking, rec area (like table tennis or pool table) big screen tv's, ADSL.....the list goes on and on!
marto
Not in fire volunteer land it ain't!
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

St johns prob picked the cheapest tender for that design i guess lol maybe they should insert a fire pole-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
AcesAP

Post by AcesAP »

bomber wrote:
Heard on the grape vine that the new designed osie park depot was really bad in design. Apparently the sleeping quaters are upstairs and get way too hot in summer and as for parking space ( well lack of ) the staff have to park in the street.

Bomber,

The current Osborne Park station is only single story. The only multi story station is the new Victoria Park station. The crew accommodations are upstairs above the garages. Initially the bedrooms and office were extremely hot, but this has been sorted with the addition of ducted evaporative aircon.

Regards

A
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

AcesAP

Post by AcesAP »

Bomber,

Downstairs - 5 door garage with room for 10 vehicles, store room. Upstairs - large combined kitchen/lounge room, office, 4 bedrooms, male & female toilet/showers......