advance life

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

Called Linda today and she is the owner-Hence she has not been at Barbagallo for some time
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
O.O
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
Herpes
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Herpes »

rescue10 wrote:Called Linda today and she is the owner-Hence she has not been at Barbagallo for some time
So your saying A.C that you did not see Peter Draper at Barbagellos
Herpes
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Herpes »

Kyle wrote:I was very lucky when you think about it. When I was there we had a

Paramedic from NZ SJA
Paramedic from SJA WA
South African Critical Care Paramedic
British Paramedic (Lynda)
QLD Paramedic
Registered and ED Nurses.

and more
With all these highly qualified people, where is this company getting all there money from, as the ambulances are standing still 99% of the time.

Also have the so called qualified people completed a conversion course that can take up to 6 months, to attain national competencies. :oops:
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Markmywords wrote:SJA do have the strong hold in the hospitals with transfers and hold the contract with the health department,no private service will obtain a contract until that changes.

Private patients can call a private ambulance service for transfer OR if the booking clerk at A&E do so BUT you would have to have a pretty good repore in there. ie ALAS @ Peel otherwise its all SJA.

Personally i think if a patient is waiting along time and no SJA crews can attend. Then t

Getting patients to pay for a service they may be entitled to for free would hurt any private service as you wouldnt be very good knocking back those that were entitled to free ambulance transport.

Apart from lifeaid ive heard paramedical services maybe setting up as well. Flying under the radar is a good approach otherwise the bean counters will shoot you down the first chance they get ;)

Kyle: So your telling us that SJA wont let you vollie because you were at ALAS ? Is this correct ?
Hey MMW do u know any of the old ALAS crews during the rfds era and if so how are they?
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

Peter was only at Barbagallo for a short time.It was requested by the management that it would be in his intrest to stop attending Barbagallo-Due to the private service that was and still is servicing Barbagallo Raceway
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

This forum is not for Politics or the bitching nor back stabbing of Ambulance Services in WA.As sugested in others post all our Ambulance services private,govenment or others should work together and support one another.I will not put any one or service down
Herpes
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Herpes »

rescue10 wrote:Peter was only at Barbagallo for a short time.It was requested by the management that it would be in his intrest to stop attending Barbagallo-Due to the private service that was and still is servicing Barbagallo Raceway
Alan, I know Peter was attending 80+% of all race meets. That statement that you have made is a fabrication of the truth. He fought hard to get and attain that contract and now that he is no longer with us, does not give you the right to tarnish his name. SHAME ON YOU!!!!
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
O.O
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

Im not Alan.I sit on the management commitee and have done now for 7 years.So I know what im talking about.Peter was told not to attend as a Official but he could attend as a club member inwhich he could not attend or interact with advance life guys on duty
Herpes
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Herpes »

rescue10 wrote:Im not Alan.I sit on the management commitee and have done now for 7 years.So I know what im talking about.Peter was told not to attend as a Official but he could attend as a club member inwhich he could not attend or interact with advance life guys on duty
I never saw this happen. I was in most meetings with Peter and this was never discussed at any stage.

Fail to see what this would occur. All the Docs loved having Peter there.

Must have occurred when i spent 2 minutes in the toilet.