St John Ambulance

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

musketeer

Post by musketeer »

Scism crying doesn't help, it's actually looked upon as a weakness
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Just following suite.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Poor SJA crew that got called out to check a ladys "blood pressure"..i wonder if she used "chest pain" in her call...to get an ambulance.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Mustve been busy this morning, had a car v wall out the front off mine about 1:30am (notorious bad intersection) only minor injuries, was slightly insulted when even before giving a hand over the attending officer goes "you dont work for alas do ya"....

:lol:

and had to laugh at the towie who was trying to convince the owner to get his vehicle towed home before the police arrived to save a d/d charge.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

jasonjag
Banned

SJA Info

Post by jasonjag »

Thankyou, I found that all very interesting.
eswife

Post by eswife »

Shame they couldn't put a picture of a WA ambulance, how hard would that of been for them...??? :roll:
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

eswife wrote:Shame they couldn't put a picture of a WA ambulance, how hard would that of been for them...??? :roll:
A bit like the IGA poster's saying we support your local community with the pictures of the melbourne FF...then again IGA have been fundraising just recently for the BFS, so credit to them.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

This is a copy of the email I sent to ABC.
I thought I'd write to enquire as to why a "WA local" page about a person working for St John Ambulance (SJA) features an ambulance not from SJA? From the looks of it the ambulance featured seems to be from another state altogether.
eswife

Post by eswife »

They also got one of the surnames wrong too.....
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

At least an SJA ambo pic is up now.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Haha good work. I expect that they were afraid of being exposed on MediaWatch.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I'd have nominated them. :P
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

anyone see the writeup on SJA in the paper the other day. From what ive been told their investigating 2 particular jobs in which were attended as a P1
and transferred on a one but the patients in question werent deemed as p1 patients. SJA being accused of revenue raising? Did anyone read this and confirm? Apparently the complaints are being made by the paramedics themselves. If this is true then good on them for doing so.
gcs of 3
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

PFO wrote:anyone see the writeup on SJA in the paper the other day. From what ive been told their investigating 2 particular jobs in which were attended as a P1
and transferred on a one but the patients in question werent deemed as p1 patients. SJA being accused of revenue raising? Did anyone read this and confirm? Apparently the complaints are being made by the paramedics themselves. If this is true then good on them for doing so.
its the paramedicas who make the call to transfer on a 1 if they didnt think pt needed to they dont have to
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)