Ambulance services other than St John

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

ADMIN NOTE: EVERYONE READ AND PAY ATTENTION!

The discussion of who's a director of, or works for what company, and what they may or may not have done with previous companies stops right here and now.

Vague references or allegations to people's "dirty work" or "illegal, immoral and unethical" behaviour etc are not welcome here. Find somewhere else to complain.

This is the final warning. Any more of this crap and it won't be just threads that get deleted, it will be user accounts as well. To the people who think that this forum is your own personal soap-box, think again. Go start a blog if you want to have a rant.

This thread is now opened again, but will be closely monitored with no further warnings given out.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

If we cant metion what company we work for then you should change the forun Index from St John Ambulance to meet evey ones needs to AMBULANCE
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

I have no problem with changing the section topic to "Ambulance and Medical Services" or something similar, I'll raise it with the other admins and see what they think.

As for mentioning what company you work for - if it's relevant to the discussion, then please go right ahead. I only have a problem with naming other people and what they may or may not be doing, or working for, or whatever.

Everyone just needs to take a deep breath, and use some common sense on what is appropriate or not.

It is very dark.
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

Barbagallo Medics and Rescue Teams-

I have worked on the Medical team at Barbagallo-The senior fire marshal is in charge and maked sure all danger is removed and vehicle is stable and only then the medical team can go in.The cheif medical officer or doctor at the scene is in charge but must communicate with cheif fire marshal at all times.The ultimate responsibility comes down to the Clerk of Course

I still hold a current Confederation of Australian Motor Sports (CAMS) Gold Officials Licence in Fire Rescue.

CAMS does not hold any training as such for Fire Marshal unless you attend the Australian GP.Then you attend a 4 hour course that is Instructed by Allan Young a Instructor from the QLD Fire Rescue Service.

The Compertition Drivers Club Fire Rescue Service who do Barbagallo do there own training about 4 times a year and one of those is with St Johns.

I was the Assistant Cheif Fire Marshal with this group from 1997-2002.

The Barbagallo fire crew also train with the firies from our RAFF Base.

John Harper is WA's Fire Rescue Services top Instructor and he is on the crew at Barbagallo and conduct the training.So putting the fire crew down means your also putting our states fire service down.

The average age of the crew is 40 years but I know two Ambulance Sub Centers were there vollies average age is 57.

INSTEAD OF KNOCKING THESE VOLLIE WHY NOT BECOME ONE.

YES Im still involved at Barbagallo but not with the fire crew or ambo's
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

Barbagallo Fire Crew

The Fire Crew has two sets of Jaws and Spreders
Chock's
Chains
Hand Tools
SoS Rescue Tools
Hydralic Tools

One of the better equiped motor sports fire crews in Australia
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

rescue10 wrote:YES Im still involved at Barbagallo but not with the fire crew or ambo's
You should come and say g'day then on the truck weekend! ;)

I'm usually haunting the last of the corporate boxes at the end closest to McCrackan House, or furthest away from the race office depending on your point of view. Pop your head in if you're passing by!

It is very dark.
Smithy813

Post by Smithy813 »

And keep an eye out for AMS's pretty Ford GT medic car. I don't mind saying I designed the striping scheme for it
Emergency Service Instructor
Quinns Rock BFF
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

AMS who are they?
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

Who is AMS?

My mum runs the Race Office.

What car do you Race
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

rescue10 wrote:Who is AMS?

What car do you Race
Advance medial service. no more alas at barbs
gcs of 3
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

I know that but dont think the committee aroved AMS
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

rescue10 wrote:Who is AMS?

What car do you Race
Unfortunately I don't get to drive - I'm the wrong shape and size to fit into a racing car ;)

But the car I pit-crew for is #3 in the Historic Racing Cars category - a red Ralt RT4. Definitely need to be shorter and a lot slimmer to fit into one of those!

It is very dark.
rescue10

Post by rescue10 »

ok.

Im the wrong shape two but am doing up a 1971 mini to race.

So you know all the West Australian Racing Museum Guys?
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

rescue10 wrote:AMS who are they?
AMS are Hostile1 just a "sister company"

I work for a company too :) taking the bread and leaving the cream.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

rescue10 wrote:ok.

Im the wrong shape two but am doing up a 1971 mini to race.

So you know all the West Australian Racing Museum Guys?
Ah yes, one of our other pit-crew-members is the owner of one of the classic Minis as well, but not for racing, just a road car. I know *of* the WARM, but I'm still a bit new to all this and still figuring out who's who ;)

It is very dark.