advance life

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

ST_DOC

Post by ST_DOC »

HHHrrrmmm not convinced hey. I think they will upgrade the facilities as we dont have another option for motorsport and its a cash cow. I dont think the owners would wanna loose that kind of cash.

Also inregards to ALAS im not so convinced i love my motor sport and having been at the recent V8s and personally knowing senior officials. All the Paramedics/ambulance officers are all approved by cams and the V8s.
That would be an operational nightmare for SJA and frankly the organisers prefer ALAS and i dont think it would be an issue there.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Yep a street track in Perth like Adelaide would be awesome :D and finger crossed one day it will happen but the hurdles that keep getting thrown in front of them perhaps an upgrade at Wanneroo will be the only option.

Watching the rally cars zip around the foreshore was always cool.

marto
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

i guess kinda going off the thread but form the paper today they need a grant of $10 million over 3 to 4 years to upgrade it so be interesting.

And going back to the ALAS thing, it is quite easy for them to lose it once it falls into council hands, SJA have ALOT of first aid staff to throw at the event form the operations branch and getting SJA "paramedics" to attend and standby wont be hard either.

So lets wait and see if they will upgrade it is alot of cash and im surprised that the track was left this long to get into this state.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Markmywords wrote:Just interesting reading in yesterdays west about the wanneroo race track being unsafe and in poor condition and that to keep it in W.A they either need to upgrade the facilities or move it onto the perth streets.
I didn't see anything in the West Australian, but there was this article in the Sunday Times.

It's interesting that the ST article mentioned claims that the track was "unsafe" but didn't bother to go into any significant detail.

There's more to this story than meets the eye. As usual, the Sunday Times has a particular "slant" they want to put forward and are selectively choosing which information to release ... information that supports their point of view :)

The WASCC has known that their licence to host the V8s in Perth was only until 2009, and of course the V8 Supercars organisation is under no obligation to continue beyond that date if they don't want to.

Instead of citing vague "safety concerns", it would be more honest of V8 Supercars Australia to just say they want a change. Bringing the whole enterprise over to WA is an incredibly costly exercise, and unfortunately we don't have the population here to make it equally profitable. That's the same reason that big-name musical and theatrical performances skip WA and concentrate on the eastern states - there's more money to be made if they do so.

Without wanting to get too political, the WA Sporting Car Club is basically responsible for the costs of bringing the V8s to WA and always have been. It's one of the largest sporting events in Western Australia, yet gets little to no funding assistance from the State Government.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Well by reading that looks like come 2009 no ALAS at the V8's anymore :S and no v8's period.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Markmywords wrote:Well by reading that looks like come 2009 no ALAS at the V8's anymore :S and no v8's period.
Never say never :)

It could be perfectly true, or it could be a media beat-up. I don't have any info other than a press release by the General Manager of the WA Sporting Car Club in which he says they're "considering the options".
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
HM-106

Post by HM-106 »

OK guys, this is just stupid, you should be looking at yourself and thinking where the hell you been.

When you attend a scene, what do you do, you make sure that everyone is safe and to prevent any further injuries from happening. Honestly, who gives a damn rats arse if for say ALAS has lower qualification standards then SJA or vice versa. Your all human, you want to help others, and now your bragging different institutes and its employees basis on whether they are a ALAS or SJA. Come on guys, grow up. We are here to save lives, not to prevent it, in the event that the worse should happen, everyone needs to band together to save them, even if that someone is just a passer-by that can help or ALAS/SJA. Even for the Police officers, if there was some private funded cop force out their, and i was in a brawl with a bunch of people, and im yelling for some back up, im going to be happy with whatever i get even if it was a passer-by, a private funded company or my boys from WAPOL.

You were all there at one stage, just getting your Senior First Aid Certificate, wanting to help out where you can and ultimately save a life by your actions, and here you guys are bragging about how one institution is better then the other, but when it comes down to it, who gives a ****, are you gonna stand there on the side of the road, fighting with the ALAS boys to sort out this dying person on the road, or are you gonna do your jobs.

Sickens me that Emergency Services are bragging other people when they are only trying to help out. look at yourselves and think about what your saying.

My 2 Cents.

P.S im not a SJA employee, a ALAS employee.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

HM-106 wrote:OK guys, this is just stupid, you should be looking at yourself and thinking where the hell you been.

When you attend a scene, what do you do, you make sure that everyone is safe and to prevent any further injuries from happening. Honestly, who gives a damn rats arse if for say ALAS has lower qualification standards then SJA or vice versa. Your all human, you want to help others, and now your bragging different institutes and its employees basis on whether they are a ALAS or SJA. Come on guys, grow up. We are here to save lives, not to prevent it, in the event that the worse should happen, everyone needs to band together to save them, even if that someone is just a passer-by that can help or ALAS/SJA. Even for the Police officers, if there was some private funded cop force out their, and i was in a brawl with a bunch of people, and im yelling for some back up, im going to be happy with whatever i get even if it was a passer-by, a private funded company or my boys from WAPOL.

You were all there at one stage, just getting your Senior First Aid Certificate, wanting to help out where you can and ultimately save a life by your actions, and here you guys are bragging about how one institution is better then the other, but when it comes down to it, who gives a ****, are you gonna stand there on the side of the road, fighting with the ALAS boys to sort out this dying person on the road, or are you gonna do your jobs.

Sickens me that Emergency Services are bragging other people when they are only trying to help out. look at yourselves and think about what your saying.

My 2 Cents.

P.S im not a SJA employee, a ALAS employee.

i agree with you there who cares as long as the person is alive and getting help who cares where they cme from with wether its paid or voluntery we all start out the same
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

That came out from left field lol

Point taken totally

But on a slightly different note.

Some organisations bring undue attention to there self (i guess can be seen as negative) as posted in another thread if an alas crew are running red lights and driving round lights and sirens turning them on and off and not even on a call is not exactley professional or legal

<from my understanding>

But if i was injured anyone who had 2 feet and a heartbeat would be good enough for me.

My 10c
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Markmywords wrote:That came out from left field lol

alas crew are running red lights and driving round lights and sirens turning them on and off and not even on a call is not exactley professional or legal

Whats To say they weren't on a call though mate ?
We Don't know the circumstances in which they were traveling.
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Chicky wrote:The debate between SJA and ALAS can go on and on and on... but at the end of the day, its people's lives we are talking about. Who cares who treats the patient, as long as they live after suffering a life changing event such as an MVA or and MI? I for one wouldn't say no to anyone jumping on my chest giving compressions if my heart stopped beating for whatever reason. Differences aside, think of the patient, not who gets there first or who did something wrong when treating them. Then lives will get saved. This 000 protocol with SJA sucks, and I've said it before. Why not utilise another adequately equipped service when there are no SJA available within 30 minutes? That is how lives are lost. POLITICS! :?
As I stated a few months back... I agree, HM-106. Personally, I'm fed up with the attacks on ALAS on this board, and if they are good enough etc etc etc... Please, move on. Both companies have their differences, and obviously SJA is a lot more powerful in terms of staffing and funding. Patient care is still the same. I know, I receive those patients at the end of the day. SJA and ALAS can work together in the same city, there is more than enough work for both of them! Just be happy there is back up around if something goes wrong.

And to clarify, yes, I did used to work for ALAS. I am not biased either way who attends a call as long as the injured are treated. Moving along, guys, please.
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

Chicky wrote:
Chicky wrote:The debate between SJA and ALAS can go on and on and on... but at the end of the day, its people's lives we are talking about. Who cares who treats the patient, as long as they live after suffering a life changing event such as an MVA or and MI? I for one wouldn't say no to anyone jumping on my chest giving compressions if my heart stopped beating for whatever reason. Differences aside, think of the patient, not who gets there first or who did something wrong when treating them. Then lives will get saved. This 000 protocol with SJA sucks, and I've said it before. Why not utilise another adequately equipped service when there are no SJA available within 30 minutes? That is how lives are lost. POLITICS! :?
As I stated a few months back... I agree, HM-106. Personally, I'm fed up with the attacks on ALAS on this board, and if they are good enough etc etc etc... Please, move on. Both companies have their differences, and obviously SJA is a lot more powerful in terms of staffing and funding. Patient care is still the same. I know, I receive those patients at the end of the day. SJA and ALAS can work together in the same city, there is more than enough work for both of them! Just be happy there is back up around if something goes wrong.

And to clarify, yes, I did used to work for ALAS. I am not biased either way who attends a call as long as the injured are treated. Moving along, guys, please.
truth be said ALAS suck... :p S#it sturring

...haha...nuh in all seriousness, well said Chicky...moving on>>>>>

Who cares if its ALAS, SJA, or Chicky's own ambo service in the back of her SUV :lol: its the medical assistance and treatment that counts, as long at the mungril dying is being resused and gets another grasp of air, and safely (and quickly) being sent to the hospital for further checkups, should just appreciate the dedicated medics and the service they offer regardless...
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

AV201 wrote: Chicky's own ambo service in the back of her SUV as long at the mungril dying is being resused and gets another grasp of air...
Well Said Mike !!

AV201 wrote:truth be said ALAS suck... :p S#it sturring
Here Here! :lol:
tango11

Post by tango11 »

Mmmmmmh!

Yes left field somewhat :shock:

I will say this!

Having attended a few incidents where both SJA and ALA have attended, there was a great deal of tension between both crews at the incident, it is also interesting to note that even though there was this tension, both crews acted in a professional manner. The tension between the crews is primarly due to long ago issues raised by x SJA staff, who went to work for the past operator. VALE

The idea of a second ambulance service within WA was a sound one, but people being people, personalities, politics,long running feuds and general slaging off by both sides has left this sound idea lost somewhere long ago.

WA is the only state in Australia to have 2 ambulance services independant of the government.
The Saint operates the service as primary supplier NT and Tas and 2nd in SA, the South Ambulance Service is independant of St John's Ambulance Service.

Finally, when it comes down to it, who really cares whether ALA or SJA attends to a patient needing care, the patient should always be of primary concern, not the politics.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Millsy [/quote]

Whats To say they weren't on a call though mate ?
We Don't know the circumstances in which they were traveling.[/quote]

Tango11 made a post about alas going lights on light off down a road in a previous thread so was refrring to that post and it wasnt a bash as it was something witnessed by someone on here.

HM681 made a comment about ALAS bashing but the posts prior all were about v8 supercars nothing recent was said about alas bashing.

At the end of the day Private ambulance services operate across australia in pretty much each state. There are different laws inregards to this in each state in W.A there is no ambulance ACT so there could be 10 private ambulances operating in perth and it wouldnt change a thing there would still be service bashing, needed no but it happens in every industry no matter what it is.

Just for the record there is a national private ambulance service which operate in western australia they have 2 ambulances and you dont really see them unless your in the city or west perth during the day.