advance life

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

ST_DOC wrote:Does anyone know what happened? I would like to find out.
I was walking and the xr8 came past with its lights on then the others came lights and sirens
Unrelated but still on the same event, they were making announcements in the afternoon about people keeping hydrated and out of the sun. Apparently there'd been quite a few people collapsing in the heat and keeping the first aid and medical people busy.

Which leads me on to something else ... I was in a corporate box above the pit straight grandstands, and we had a visit from a couple of police officers wondering if we had any drinkinng water. Apparently their one and only water supply was round the other side of the circuit, so they came to see if we had any :)

One thing led to another, the word got around, and for most of V8 Race 3 we had 10-12 coppers in our box watching the race. A good time was had by all :)

Speaking of water - I'd heard 2nd hand that bottles of water were being sold by the food and drinks vendors for $3.50 each. I thought that was a bit steep!
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

ST_DOC wrote:does anyone have any more photos of alas at the v8s????????????????
You'll be sorry you asked ... I took a bucketload of pics over the V8 weekend :)

Here's just a collection of non-racing vehicles ...

It is very dark.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Zebedee that Hawk, is not an Advanced Life Ambo, I think you'll find that it belongs to the Royal Australian Air Force. :lol: on a side note it's also missing it's "go quick" lights. Nice close up though!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

Tyranus wrote:Zebedee that Hawk, is not an Advanced Life Ambo, I think you'll find that it belongs to the Royal Australian Air Force. :lol: on a side note it's also missing it's "go quick" lights. Nice close up though!
That's odd, I could have sworn that someone told me that's how the ambo crews get to the track quicker and avoid the queues :)

It is very dark.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

ahh but then it should have been a Herc or similair to do a para drop. Either way it's still missing it's lights to get priority. Through the air :P
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Just curious whats with the yellow uniforms the ALAS guys are weraing and then in other pics there wearing blue ??
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Awesome pics Zeb, well done, and thanks for sharing.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Markmywords wrote:Just curious whats with the yellow uniforms the ALAS guys are weraing and then in other pics there wearing blue ??
The yellow ones are racing quality suits for track work e.g. fire retardent etc. The blues are their standard issue at the moment. Used to be white tops, navy pants. The new ones are great, plenty more pocket room for carrying bits and pieces :)
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

BTW, Zeb... great pics! A shame I was working :cry:
West Coast Eagles
R/Up 1991 & 2005
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Chicky wrote:
Markmywords wrote:Just curious whats with the yellow uniforms the ALAS guys are weraing and then in other pics there wearing blue ??
The yellow ones are racing quality suits for track work e.g. fire retardent etc. The blues are their standard issue at the moment. Used to be white tops, navy pants. The new ones are great, plenty more pocket room for carrying bits and pieces :)
Chicky,

From this can i assume that you do some work for advance life ?.
xli

Post by xli »

Very nice photos Zeebee! Many thanks for posting.
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

bomber wrote:Chicky,

From this can i assume that you do some work for advance life ?.
Used to bomber... Now I am more on the other side of the repairing and replacing the wounded :wink:
West Coast Eagles
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Do alas provide independant training from a registered training facility for both driver/attendent and also with driver training.

Just curious !!!
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Markmywords wrote:Do alas provide independant training from a registered training facility for both driver/attendent and also with driver training.

Just curious !!!
Yes they use medic one. Link attatched.

http://www.medicone.com.au/

To gain employement as a paramedic with alas you need to be already qualified.
The tests are : Written short answer test, practicle skills test, interveiw, ride alongs to acess skills.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Just interesting reading in yesterdays west about the wanneroo race track being unsafe and in poor condition and that to keep it in W.A they either need to upgrade the facilities or move it onto the perth streets.

I can put bets on that if it moved to the perth streets ALAS can kiss the contract goodbye no matter how tight they were to the contract they have.

The reason i say this is that any council in any area are tied into SJA one way or another so you would see them request that they use first aid people and also the paramedics as part of the deal.

Prime example: fremantle street art festival once done by ALAS then the council changed to SJA because someone on the council favoured them more (and it wasnt a price issue)