Ambulance services other than St John

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Tyranus: Are cheers for that definatley the same colours, never heard off them before but good to see another player in the market. Usually alot of companies just supply staff and not actually ambos,fire/rescue gear as well.

If you can get any pics that be great..colours are ugly though but be good to see inside the back anyways.
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Markmywords wrote:Tyranus: Are cheers for that definatley the same colours, never heard off them before but good to see another player in the market. Usually alot of companies just supply staff and not actually ambos,fire/rescue gear as well.

If you can get any pics that be great..colours are ugly though but be good to see inside the back anyways.
theve been in the market a while one of the owners is a really nice guy. Ex wapol and ex A##S
gcs of 3
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Certainly have been around for a while. I only know 2 of the staff members there. One of whom is a best mate, the other is the manager whom I met when I went and got a tour of the place. MMW while it might appear ugly, that's now their standard hi vis markings which also makes them recognisable as well as easy to have done. Can't say that it particularly phases me.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Tyranus wrote:MMW while it might appear ugly, that's now their standard hi vis markings which also makes them recognisable as well as easy to have done. Can't say that it particularly phases me.
Got MMW's Attention ? :lol:
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

It certainly did get my attention.

Yes as ugly as they maybe definaltey get seen unlike other ambulances around using decals that dont even meet basic aus requirements.

I know SJA dont mind if other ambulances in W.A to be green but at $4000 per vehicle i can see why some dont and some are ;)
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Markmywords wrote:I saw a ALAS VW heading north bound mitchell freeway saturday, and yes alas are VERY busy atm <no thats not sarcastic either haha> i think the motorbikes are on this weekend at barbagello
Saturday was a tuning day at Barbagallo. I don't remember seeing the ALAS ambo there, but then I wasn't paying much attention to what was happening on the track at the time...

There's events this Saturday and Sunday as well, so they'll be up there again.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Nice to see in sundays paper mcginty is looking at whats "best for the state" & "patient care" hopefully he wont screw that up.

Hopefully one of the penny pinchers have clicked and realised what are we getting for our money.....
musketeer

Health Dept and ambos

Post by musketeer »

Has anyone else seen the newspaper article re the health dept bringing some sort of action against SJA?
Everything happens when I'm out bush and can't get a paper!!
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

McGintys just looking at whats best for the state $$ thats all

They shouldve done an audit years ago to see what happens to the $ $ sja get, looking into a crystal ball i see SJA going back to first aid training and first aid kit supplier and maybe at a push doing the country areas only.

The govt would just need to increase ambulance fees we get off pretty lightly compared to other states.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

:D
Last edited by bomber on Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I gave my magic 8 ball a shake this morning and asked the question "Will ALAS be at the raceway this weekend" the answer i got was "too early till tell wait and see"

PFO: The ambulances your looking out for only one is red/blue the others are universal green so if you blinkd you miss them. But our good friend kyles going to take some happy snaps next week.
musketeer

ALAS

Post by musketeer »

If I shook the ball, I reckon I would get the answer NO!!
Anyone want to take a bet?? :roll:
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

musketeer: i dont know if im game to bet atm
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

more than one source has confirmed yes, they have pulled the pin as a result of losing their M.D. Whether true or not who knows but if they were at BARBS on weekend then maybe not. Anyone know if they were there?
gcs of 3
musketeer

MD

Post by musketeer »

Let's hope the good RFDS doc doesn't get a tarnished reputation from someone elses behaviour. =;