advance life

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Herpes
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Herpes »

gkoutlis

It would not surprise me. If it meant that they got in for free, I believe the owner of that vehicle doing that. To the best of my knowledge that vehicle is being leased.
Markmywords

Re: THE UTE

Post by Markmywords »

[quote="Herpes"]Hey all,

Very interested in the fact that they use the ute to assist in transports by traffic delaying. I was under the impression that if they needed this they would have to get in contact with VKI and they would arrange it if it was deemed necessary. Is this ILLEGAL to do this? Will they be pulling over drink drivers and booking them next? (LOOK OUT PFO)

DPI says its illegal IF they are involved in an accident 1) Void all 3rd party insurance and 2) Liability would sink them like the titantic.

gkoutlis I wonder if ALAS would try and sneak into the royal show as well
Herpes
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Herpes »

Is it just me or is it a hell of a lot quieter since PFO has gone on holidays.

No more echoes in the corridors. Intellectually, what has been posted has increased. I feel as though we have all become smarter since he left. I think we should all ask for him to be banned....

I hope he goes to the water bomb park and there is no water - just the ....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

He didnt even offer to pack one of us in his suit case
cat21

Post by cat21 »

I thought he was a bored schoolkid and gave up....
Herpes
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Herpes »

cat21 wrote:I thought he was a bored schoolkid and gave up....
Could have very well hit the nail on the head

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

PFO is in bali i believe !!!
housemate

Post by housemate »

Last edited by housemate on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
housemate

Post by housemate »

Last edited by housemate on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:58 pm, edited 25 times in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Kyle wrote:
housemate wrote:
Kyle wrote:
Hey Housemate,

The Paramedics and EMTs are great people however the conditions in the company was far from ideal. With un-ideal conditions employees get discontent and bitter. A mate of mine got underpaid and is yet to see this money. We are talking over $1000. I have checked my payslips and can see the discrepancy she was talking about.

As for new Ambulances please god your not talking about those VW's.. They been in service way to long. If they have bought new Ambulances like you claim good on them its about bloody time!!!. If they were making heaps of money they would have replaced all the VW's and bought New Ambulances built a second Station.

The grass ain't greener on the other side. I was advised by two accomplished Ambulance Professionals to move on to better waters. I subsequently along with them voluntarily left the company. We wanted change however ever idea we put forward was tossed aside.

However don't take my advise, I dare you to go and work for them.. Best to experience first hand and then let me know if your singing the same tune.
Kyle How can you say ALAS vehicles are old and unroad worthy that are 1997 vehivles and onwards Yet mine sites and SJA use vehicles until recent that were 1988-1992 Ford F series 5.8 petrols and continue to use vehicles for transport eg Royal show, sky works Little Honda vehicle 1982 I know its a first aid post But still Transports.
Other vehicles still in SJA Fleet 1998 Ford econovans And country depos Have Mercs on 240,000ks or more and until recent had Ford f250s with 750,000ks and the rare minesites that have 1992 Trooper ambulances that have done a few k's as well as others that still have F100's that are used for on ROAD ambulance work and transfers
All Im saying is mine sites do emergency work also but you state nothing of them and how ??? bad those vehicles are eg Ks and age BVut they do the job and the MINE safety Act allows them to do this.
You have your dig and hold grudges Against alas You leave yourself open for a deformation of character Law suit against yourself especially if YOU have signed a confental Agreement (which may state YOU will Not engage in company Procedures). Be careful bigger Brothers are every where and have contacts that can help you get to the places you want to go.
Housemate,

You cannot be shot down for your personal opinion.. As for Big Brother syndrome you will learn that in life you climb the career ladder by doing a job well and not by snuggling up to political Wankers and conforming to their poor practices. You don't get support by acting like a Tyrant or neither by silencing others.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Kyle: welcome to the real world. Where you are does sound nice though.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Housemate is correct sja used the old f250s for along time with high klms before switching over to mercs and yer sja wouldve been held liable if they came unstuck but i guess due to the fact they were refurbished/checked by P & W and gave them the thumbs up they covered there ass.

Ambulances built in a shed would not be covered by insurance in the case of an accident and more so not engineered check by a licensed motor body builder and yes they should be taken to the tip some time in the future based on that.

Definaltey need more work and keeping bums on seats ambulances dont drive themselves thats for sure.

Ive signed many a confidentially agreement they dont mean squat when you leave, those still employed are more at risk from that agreement if they break it in which some have ;)
Herpes
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Herpes »

its a shame that some people in these forums feel that they have to force feed their opinions by making idol threats. ALAS are far to busy to worry about the opinion of past employees. I was once told by Peter Draper to stop worrying about the competition and focus on where we are heading. I would suggest this would be best done for employees and past employees alike. The more energy they would waste on this, the less time they could concerntrate on current employees. It would enhance their service to be training staff and getting new contracts rather than chasing KYLE on a previous confidentiality agreement.
Herpes
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Herpes »

Mark Holland, I KNOW YOU ARE OUT THERE
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O