advance life

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

PFO
Banned

Re: speed

Post by PFO »

Kyle wrote:
PFO wrote:good boy
Also you should have your siren, lights on and alternating.. I heard of a SJA accident when they only had the lights on and it went to court.
During the day Yes. At night tehnically yes but consideration needs to be given to the patient as well eg; if of a cardiac nature sirens can cause more anxiety and studies have also shown that possible vagal nerve stimulation can also occur ( not good if they are bradicardic especially post successful defibrillation).
gcs of 3
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

With the new mercs headlights are always on now and wont be flashing now apprantley havent seen anything off the different yet.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Never seen strobes in headlights before flashing headlights yes but not strobes.

ALAS merc ambos maybe different BUT i know some sja ambos have flashing headlights some dont all the new ones hitting the rd shouldnt have any fitted.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

PFO wrote:
Kyle wrote:
PFO wrote:good boy
Also you should have your siren, lights on and alternating.. I heard of a SJA accident when they only had the lights on and it went to court.
During the day Yes. At night tehnically yes but consideration needs to be given to the patient as well eg; if of a cardiac nature sirens can cause more anxiety and studies have also shown that possible vagal nerve stimulation can also occur ( not good if they are bradicardic especially post successful defibrillation).
I've heard also that a fire truck in a residential area initially turned out with only lights to the main road but along the way had an accident and the crew of the truck was responsible because it was half way between fire call conditions and normal road conditiions which is now why you don't see the trucks with their siren off and lights on except on or around the fireground, or inspecting if it's a 44. Also why you get woken up to police on a priority 3 at 3am!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
O.O
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

O.O
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Tyranus wrote:
PFO wrote:
Kyle wrote: Also you should have your siren, lights on and alternating.. I heard of a SJA accident when they only had the lights on and it went to court.
I've heard also that a fire truck in a residential area initially turned out with only lights to the main road but along the way had an accident and the crew of the truck was responsible because it was half way between fire call conditions and normal road conditiions which is now why you don't see the trucks with their siren off and lights on except on or around the fireground, or inspecting if it's a 44. Also why you get woken up to police on a priority 3 at 3am!
and thats why i said technically yes lol
gcs of 3
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

O.O
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Kyle wrote:
PFO wrote:
Kyle wrote: Also you should have your siren, lights on and alternating.. I heard of a SJA accident when they only had the lights on and it went to court.
Hey PFO does the Vagal nerve also get stimulated by sirens in patients whom have epileptic fits and or do you know of any other patient conditions where you shouldn't be using sirens. :idea:
i dont think i actually said that we shouldnt use sirens, but that considerations of the particular patient should be taken into account. yes there are other conditions that can affect vagal nerve stimulous but as i have said to you before , how long is a piece of rope lol
gcs of 3
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Love that automatic stretcher lifter, definatley save the back.
housemate

Post by housemate »

Last edited by housemate on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

housemate wrote:I was under the impression No Rules for ambulances under the road traffic act eg Up the wrong way on freway in emergency lane as compared to police guidelines for pursuits and or coditions for priorty eg speed restrictions p1 no more than 30ks as ambulances nil stated under the road traffic act
Same as with fire, I'm not aware of any restrictions other than that of ambulances and police which is to not cause undue danger which may lead to accidents. But I've seen police drive on the wrong side of the road for a length of time...albeit very slowly but they've done it, and hey if the situation warrants it then go for it.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

What ever is safe and expedient to do so with the Ambo's if you drive outside your limits come unstuck you wear it pretty much and the fact you would void the owners insurance.