advance life

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Kyle wrote:
PFO wrote:
Kyle wrote: I have done a few courses. However basic and more the fundamentals. Getting them recognized is a whole different story. So best to start from scratch as every service does it its own way.
plenty of courses out there that have nationally endorsed units of competency so what u waiting for :)
They are however allot of mainstream interstate services train you from scratch. Im concentrating on trying to get into a service. Meet there requirements. Fitness, Physchometric, and other testing they do. The testing process take along time. Plus Im not at a BMI yet that is acceptable for a service. So busy getting into shape.
i think u have got it all wrong kyle. Yes u do need to have some fitness level but bsi is irrelevent. you can only be yourself and if thats not good enough well then maybe you need more life experience and not being rude but i think that could be what u need , perhaps do some travelling
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Kyle wrote:
Markmywords wrote:Unacceptable BMI how unacceptable ?
About 13Kg over my ideal BMI.
thats fark all
Herpes
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Herpes »

So what do you do for a crust now MMW
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Kyle wrote:
PFO wrote:
Kyle wrote: About 13Kg over my ideal BMI.
thats fark all
Yeah Im working out to melt the kilos away. Just trying to tick all the boxes to get in. Take a look at the QLD Ambulance Service Recruitment Brochure they have allot of requirements

its all based on a points system ..

The more points you meet. The more likely for selection. Go to http://www.ambulance.qld.gov.au/recruit ... tudent.asp and click on recruitment process and see.nothing to be scared of just aplly and get on with it , less talk more do, listen, and learn

You need a minimum of 40 points.. just to be considered. Plus you have to pass the medical, work functional, interview, Psychometric. .
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Herpes wrote:
So what do you do for a crust now MMW
My job involves alot off things mainly involves motor insurance, visiting clients in hospital etc only till July then im out and doing some real work once again.
Herpes
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Herpes »

PFO wrote:
Kyle wrote:
PFO wrote:thats fark all
Yeah Im working out to melt the kilos away. Just trying to tick all the boxes to get in. Take a look at the QLD Ambulance Service Recruitment Brochure they have allot of requirements

its all based on a points system ..

The more points you meet. The more likely for selection. Go to http://www.ambulance.qld.gov.au/recruit ... tudent.asp and click on recruitment process and see.nothing to be scared of just aplly and get on with it , less talk more do, listen, and learn

You need a minimum of 40 points.. just to be considered. Plus you have to pass the medical, work functional, interview, Psychometric. .
Again, as PFO has just stated whilst he was falling over, get some life experience. It will go a long way to you successfully being able to articulate yourself during the interview stage. Get fit
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Last edited by Kyle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Kyle: I think you should look at what service you want to join and do it, apply for that service. If SJA knocked you back as a vollie must have been a reason, if you cant or wont go back to ALAS also must be a reason, you need to get some experience not worry about P1 work because its not all that its cracked up to be and you dont wanna be a lights and sirens cowboy, if your only interested in the driving forget it.

The job picks you, you dont pick the job.

Anyone can do a course and pass it and come the time when you get on the road if you cant put 2 and 2 together, well the outcome wont be good.

Like PFO said less talk more do, search online and find some courses and do them. You can do most through RTO Cert III & Cert IV courses are a dime a dozen (Cert III Patient transport and Cert IV Emergency Care) each one should take you 6 months 12 months respectively depending on who you do it with.

I dont know you and its obvious that your keen as mustard but my advice to you go back to ALAS and get some ground work in, work on what you need to get your experience up and try apply later OR even apply as a patient transport officer with SJA.
canon
Banned

alas

Post by canon »

Maybe alas don't want him back??
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Yer im kinda thinking that as well.

Does anyone know the right answer just curious do ALAS run fulltime staff or just casuals ? and is it $ per job or $ per hour.

Confidentialty agreement doesnt extend once you leave unless its in small print haha.
canon
Banned

alas

Post by canon »

retainer,by job and hourly depends on shift :lol:
canon
Banned

alas

Post by canon »

how do you know have you signed one???
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »