St John Ambulance

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I'll keep my ears out for andrew on the chopper then.

Never worked with andrew though but have had the pleasure of working with Mr bates !!!

Surprise Suprise that harvey sub centre vehicle up for auction has been pulled from the auction and its the one with the brunswick diesel fitted.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Anyone know what happened out armadale tongiht was it a TA ? or something else.

Armadale was asking for the team leader to meet them at the hospital

And serpy had 2 crews running tonight seemed a bit strange.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

bomber wrote:Serpy must be about ready to run full time staff by now. Maybe that is why two crews ?.
Maybe right there bomber about time as well and two rocks as well.
eswife

Post by eswife »

Serpy must be about ready to run full time staff by now. Maybe that is why two crews ?.

4 x Paid Staff is due to go in July '07, not sure on exact date...
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

eswife

Post by eswife »

Not sure bomber, I did hear all that, will see if I can find out more info.....
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Im guessing it will be one on one and leave it as country and turn it into metro down the track making the vollies go to pinjarra or mandurah but vollies means less $$$ to fork out !!!
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

24-7 depot bomber BUT some fri/sat nights you here the crew syaing there on the mbile phone in byford (both officers prob live local) they wont be allowed to do that anymore with paramedics at the depot and a few times the mobile coverage wasnt the best and they missed out on calls because they were un contactable.

At mandurah they had orignally perms (1 crew) on during the day only and vollies at night. Some times vollies would form a 2nd crew on there own during the day then eventually changed to vollie/perm crew during the day vollie crews at night then as it is now perm/vollie each crew.

Im going to predict in the future vollie depot down falcon eventually or more country depots having paid officers.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Bomber mandurah is transfer hell :D (i thought anyways and is the bread n butter of SJA) BUT if you like transfers then why not.

I dont know if they have done any depot mods but as far as i know it was only set up for 2 night crews so something would ned to be done about sleeping arrangements...not that you sleep much down there haha.

Nothing has changed in 10 years down there more crews more transfers, pinjarra are lucky they manage to sneak over do a few jobs maybe a transfer or 2 pinjarra would be a nice place to go haha.

Mandurah booming as it is it can only get worse i think it would be a while before it went fulltime (once again all comes down to the $$$)
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eswife

Post by eswife »

[quote="Markmywords"]

I dont know if they have done any depot mods but as far as i know it was only set up for 2 night crews so something would ned to be done about sleeping arrangements...not that you sleep much down there haha.

Last time I was in the depot (I visited a couple of years ago), they had made the office into a bedroom, the lounge room into another bedroom, so 4 rooms in total. The dining area was the living room and the first ambulance bay was now the station managers office (all bricked in).
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Me thinks another depot will have to go there.[/quote bomber]

true i predict golden bay haha i dont know where amarillo is.

[/quote eswife ]Last time I was in the depot (I visited a couple of years ago), they had made the office into a bedroom, the lounge room into another bedroom, so 4 rooms in total. The dining area was the living room and the first ambulance bay was now the station managers office (all bricked in).

Seems like they could run 4 crews a day, and make pinjarra vollie only !!!