hows this for a fire truck

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

hows this for a fire truck

Post by hold3n »

I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: hows this for a fire truck

Post by dlcat1 »

Awesome :) I'd like to see it with a crew cab and I didn't notice any crew or vehicle protection devices like spray bars but it is a very tidy piece of gear with heaps of clearance and good angles.

Makes you think. Almost every state has offroad tankers like the 2.4s and NSW Cat 1s, but apart from the Thales FireKings used by Foresty SA they are more or less a firebody stuck on the back of a civilian 4wd chassis, with other bits tacked on and on and on as want or need require. In the most fireprone country on earth, its a pity all the fire agencies and some truck builders couldn't get together and make something especially for the purpose.
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

Sorry guyes, that thing would rollover in a stiff breeze and would get bogged very easily.
The truck shown in the video has a very high center of gravity. Ask any BFB about the dangers of rollovers on the fire ground.
I do like the window cooling sprays but. Nothing worse than getting a radiation burn while inside your truck!
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

philby wrote:Sorry guyes, that thing would rollover in a stiff breeze and would get bogged very easily.
The truck shown in the video has a very high center of gravity. Ask any BFB about the dangers of rollovers on the fire ground.
I do like the window cooling sprays but. Nothing worse than getting a radiation burn while inside your truck!
it would have stabilizers torsion bar and anti roll bar
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

I'd almost be willing to say 90% of rollovers on the fire ground (or anywhere else) are due to drivers not knowing the limits of their vehicle or the nature of the terrain. For sure high CG doesn't help but many of the rollovers I've heard about would've happenned even in a mini.

This truck actually reminds me a lot of the lime and fertiliser spreader trucks.