MDT Upper & Lower Case

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

MDT Upper & Lower Case

Post by gkoutlis »

Hi all;

Have been listening in to the FRS frequencies and over the few weeks, some crews report their MDT as "Lower Case" when they have issues receiving the job information.

Can someone please explain what Lower & Upper case means - for MDT's (status) ?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
muzza333
Scanners and Receivers: uniden

Re: MDT Upper & Lower Case

Post by muzza333 »

I think it is to do with if they are on station or not. I'm not sure which way it is though
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

I thought it was to do with a fault ?
best job

Post by best job »

All Incident info comes through in uppercase. I havent heard any issues so not sure in what context they occur.

Whether you're on station or not is indicated by "AVAIL RAD" or 'avail stn" in the top RH corner of the MDT. I dont think if these messages were in upper or lower case would bother too many firies, as long as ComCen know how to contact you, eg, radio and MDT versus PA turnouts.