New white crew cab scania sighted this morning?

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Tavis
Amateur callsign: wilbur71
Scanners and Receivers: Realistic model 20-9508A handheld

New white crew cab scania sighted this morning?

Post by Tavis »

Hi guys, just trying to find more info on a white Crew cab scania that I saw this morning. Looked the same as the new series pumps other than having another axle under the back end.Nice new clear LED beacons all round also, no other markings to be seen.Any help on this topic
gkoutlis

Re: New white crew cab scania sighted this morning?

Post by gkoutlis »

Tavis wrote:Hi guys, just trying to find more info on a white Crew cab scania that I saw this morning. Looked the same as the new series pumps other than having another axle under the back end.Nice new clear LED beacons all round also, no other markings to be seen.Any help on this topic
Hi Tavis,

I've moved your post to the general section of FESA as it wasn't appropriate to post in the 3RD Alarm Section.

This is the same Fire Truck I saw just the other day in the city too - all in white no markings, but had the massive led light bar on the top.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Has anyone been able to see whether this appliance has anything else that might give it away? It sounds like the MFB Heavy Pumper Tankers built by Mills Tui (I think) http://www.flickr.com/photos/pobox448/4778144477/

I'm guessing the other options might be an aerial or a BWT?
Wazza Y

Post by Wazza Y »

Didn't happen to notice if it had an orange beacon between the red and blues on the roof of the cab? I saw a couple of other white units similar to 2.4's in Welshpool the other day and that was one thing that stood out on them, so possibly mine site fire and rescue
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

I suspect (even more now I've seen a photo) that what you may have seen is a new appliance for BP Kwinana, on a Volvo Cab Chassis. If you're not right into the detail of fire trucks or saw it from a distance, it would look as you describe. If you want to see it, check out the ozfire forum.
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

kylep, doubt that. The foam tenders have been in service for a few months. I doubt that they would have left site. People mention the LED lights, but the photo you refer to show blue/red penut lights. Also this vehicle is significantly different to the UP/HP, even from a distance. Most likely what people have seen is a vehicle destioned for a mine site.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

equally likely observer. We're both just speculating without a more accurate description or photo. Would be good to see.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

How many FESA (broad umbrella) peeps do we have on here? I'm guessing if there was a new FESA appliance coming we'd have heard about it by now, so it's safe to say whatever was seen is an industrial/mining appliance?