Fire brigade frequency question

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

scottwa2468

re fesa frequencies

Post by scottwa2468 »

can anyone please tell me the fire brigade freqiencies around the warwick area and the city centre,i have had no luck so far?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: re fesa frequencies

Post by Zebedee »

scottwa2468 wrote:can anyone please tell me the fire brigade freqiencies around the warwick area and the city centre,i have had no luck so far?
Scott,

I split your question from the sticky'd thread to keep it clean and tidy, Hope you don't mind :wink:

Anyway to answer your question, try these ones (extracted from the frequency list mentioned in the sticky thread:

• 51 78.0500 6AR Metro Coastal (Claremont)
    55 78.1000 6AR Metro South (Canning Mills)
    57 78.1250 6AR Metro North (Red Hill)

As far as I know, all the 6AR channels are linked in together so once you find one that works, stick with it...
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

And when its busy in summer, you might want to try 78.3500Mhz as well - this is for outer metro/country.. when it gets busy, they remove the link between the metro channels and the outer metro channels (6AR vs 6IP).
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Fastlane wrote:And when its busy in summer, you might want to try 78.3500Mhz as well - this is for outer metro/country.. when it gets busy, they remove the link between the metro channels and the outer metro channels (6AR vs 6IP).

Ahhhhh - I've wondered a few times why there are two callsigns (6AR vs 6IP) since all the times I've listened they have had identical radio traffic. Now I know! :-)