something happen in York last night?

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

something happen in York last night?

Post by doogues71 »

was listening to the FESA channels last night and heard something happening in York both York and Northam turned out but didn't hear what it was.Was busy listening to the main scanners where I work.The FESA channels where on my personal scanner.Anyone hear what it was.
gkoutlis

Re: something happen in York last night?

Post by gkoutlis »

doogues71 wrote:was listening to the FESA channels last night and heard something happening in York both York and Northam turned out but didn't hear what it was.Was busy listening to the main scanners where I work.The FESA channels where on my personal scanner.Anyone hear what it was.
It may just be a seperate thing, but i was flying yesterday in the traning area over Forrestdale Lake - and could see smoke over the hills heading east - It was alot of smoke from what i could see at an altitude of 6,500ft... so not 100% if this has anything to do with it...
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

no this would have been early morning like 2amish.I don't think you would have been flying at that time unless you are a really kean pilot :lol:
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

doogues71 wrote:no this would have been early morning like 2amish.I don't think you would have been flying at that time unless you are a really kean pilot :lol:
Ahhh :lol: yeah well not that keen :lol:

Sorry definatley must have been a seperate thing to yesterday late arvo. :wink:
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Re: something happen in York last night?

Post by meg »

gkoutlis wrote:It may just be a seperate thing, but i was flying yesterday in the traning area over Forrestdale Lake - and could see smoke over the hills heading east - It was alot of smoke from what i could see at an altitude of 6,500ft... so not 100% if this has anything to do with it...
That was just south of Chidlow/Sawyers Valley. I think it was a CALM burn as it was pretty large but nothing on the fire channels about it.
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Yeah it was a house fire - $100,000 damage. Too far for us :)
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

Thanks Turbo I knew you guys would be able to shed some light on what was happening.
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Hehe, no worries :wink: